Tohatsu D stock bullet height below bottom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tohatsu D stock bullet height below bottom

I'm considering running a tohatsu powerhead on a bass tower in D stock hydro. I've heard that the gearfoot must be run well below the bottom. Can anyone tell me some more about this or is it just a rumor.

Somebody's talking

People are saying that and it's not a rumor. You must run the gearbox one inch below the bottom of the boat and measure this dimension at the leading point of the gearcase at its centerline of the propshaft. Leading point; not trailing point. Ed.
    14-H

"That is NOT why people hate me." - 14-H.

Comment

Terrible Rule!!!

Originally posted by 14-H
      People are saying that and it's not a rumor. You must run the gearbox one inch below the bottom of the boat and measure this dimension at the leading point of the gearcase at its centerline of the propshaft. Leading point; not trailing point. Ed.

this rule must be changed at the National Meeting. At this height with the Bass lower unit, the boats do not handle very well at all!! I will go into this in more detail, along with a few more changes that need to be made by the committee, when I get some more time............stay tuned!
      Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

Darren: You'd better hurry up 'cause the momentum right how is for no changes. Ed.
        14-H

"That is NOT why people hate me." - 14-H.

Comment

Darren: You'd better hurry up 'cause the momentum right how is for no changes. Ed.
          Okay - Apparently there's a rule here in the making. Now can someone explain why it was necessary, or how the dimension was determined?

Comment

Tohatsu?

What gearboots are allowed on these motors, being a stock class?
            RichardKCMo
            RichardK.C. Mo.

Comment

Originally posted by ram95
              I'm considering running a tohatsu powerhead on a bass tower in D stock hydro. I've heard that the gearfoot must be run well below the bottom. Can anyone tell me some more about this or is it just a rumor.
              Ive run the tohatsu all season on three diferent hulls (hemp, d stock karlsen and a A and H hydro) all three have handling proplems with the bass unit under the boat. The boats want to walk side ways at the end of the shuts at about 70=80 miles an hour. This is a very dangerous.
              When running the tohatsu in D mod with the prop shaft 1/2 inch below bottom to level the boat handled fine.
              I think the stock commision should make the tohatsu a d stock division 2 run with the mercurys and scored separtly. With the same rules of high and weights. Russ Bircher 45R/151R

Comment

Nbra?

I don't know what scares people, we have no height rules on those matsus and 40 mercs beat them often ,this will change. Slow 'em down or push delete later.
                Sure are easy to start though , shades of stock, scary huh.
                Anyways kind of like a ford and a chevy, should last 10 yrs.and girls would still cook and still would, huh.???
                RichardF.
                RichardK.C. Mo.

Comment

Ed,

Did you get the testing data that I provided to Mark Wheeler and Dave Anderson?
                  Another big thing is that a the current 1" rule the engine is not competitive against the mercs. It would also be nice to be able to run aftermarket reeds instead of the stock metal ones due to the fact the metal ones don't last. I'd hate to suck a metal one in. If you have any questions feel free to call me.

Troy

Comment

Troy,

I forwarded your info. to Ed.

Mark

Comment

Thanks Mark

Comment

Crank Welding rule

Mark,

Do you have or is there a description of the crank welding rule, or was this made a rule or even listed anywhere?

Regards,
                        Dave Scott
                        Aim Marine Inc.
                        613-831-1246 8-5 Mon-Fri
                        Ottawa, Canada
                        http://stores.ebay.com/Aim-Outboard-Recyclers
                        DS(M)H - 20CE

Comment

Dave,

Check the inspection manual.

Mark

Comment

what do we need to do to make the needed "safety changes"???? The reeds should be allowed to be swapped to plastic, like the Mercs are.
                            Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

Darren, Submit a proposal in, writing, to your commissioner(s). John 2-Z
                              John Runne
                              2-Z

Stock Outboard is all about a level playing field.

True parity is one motor per class.

It's RACING, not just another boat ride!

NOT a representative of Racing Outboards LLC.

Comment

Working...
                              X