Images from the Pits

Some people shots...
    Attached Files
    Tom Burwinkle
    11-K
    sorracing.yolasite.com/

Comment

Pictures

Great pictures of Dwight, Zak ,and the old guy Terry Klemm or better known as the Duck!! Thanks for sharing

Comment

Hey Burl,

Did ya get a pic of Chris Hellsten's fancy new Betta boat sportin' that East Tennessee, Pugh Boat Works built green and black rear cowl?
        " It's a sad day when you've outgrown everything"
        Art Pugh

Comment

Now that's a good race mom! Washing the boats! Good to see Donna had a job!
          Kyle Bahl
          20-R

"He didn't bump you, he didn't nudge you, he rubbed you, and rubbin' son is racin'!"

Comment

Congratulations Dave Jones on your 125cch Title!!!
            sigpicWayne DiGiacomo

Comment

Photo Possible

Originally posted by epugh66 View Post
              Hey Burl,

Did ya get a pic of Chris Hellsten's fancy new Betta boat sportin' that East Tennessee, Pugh Boat Works built green and black rear cowl?
              I got many photos not looked at yet. My local photographer friend (who takes way better pictures) may have have gotten one. I'll see when I get his picture disk.

Thanks to all the racers who made the trek to our community. It was so great to hear that sound again in the Tennessee Valley!
              Tom Burwinkle
              11-K
              sorracing.yolasite.com/

Comment

I just pulled in from Kingston.

Wow! What a nice place, great people, good water. We didn't have dead carp, mud and rocks to deal with either. We had lot's of rain but that can happen.

I met with the mayor and he is tickled we came and has already extended an invite to come again.

The race wasn't huge. What can you expect with all the political carp going on. Those who came I know had FUN!

Tim
                Tim Weber

Comment

Kingston Results

Does anyone have a complete run down on racing results?

Comment

Few pics I took...........
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by STEVE FRENCH; 07-08-2013, 06:59 PM.
                    100N STEVE FRENCH > Nobody can hang with my STUFF!! >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tna3B5zqHdk

SEEEEEE YAAAAAA!!............In my WAKE!! .............100N>>

Comment

High Water in Kingston

Three days and nearly six inches of rain later, the dock at the pits is unusable. I have never seen this much water in July. Thankfully, all racing was complete ahead of the deluge. Madison was not so fortunate:

http://www.courier-journal.com/viewa...tta-activities
                      Attached Files
                      Tom Burwinkle
                      11-K
                      sorracing.yolasite.com/

Comment

Was OSY a beach start or did they use a clock start. All the pictures I have seen here and there, looked like a clock start
                        sigpicWayne DiGiacomo

Comment

Originally posted by DiGia54D View Post
                          Was OSY a beach start or did they use a clock start. All the pictures I have seen here and there, looked like a clock start
                          All classes started on the clock....
                          Tom Burwinkle
                          11-K
                          sorracing.yolasite.com/

Comment

$$$$$$$$$$

Originally posted by burl11 View Post
                            All classes started on the clock....
                            A very expensive 'top shelf' clock!!............

Comment

Legends

That place has hosted a good many boat racing legends. Kingston is deeply rooted in boat racing. I know I spent most of my childhood birthdays there. The town was always friendly, and accomodating from my memories. I am glad to see boat racing return to Kingston, TN.

Is the baseball diamond still up behind the pits ?
                              Dave Mason
                              Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Pro let Kingston down

Dave the race course was in the very same place as in the 70's the first turn was right at the park with the wall where the pits use to be the only diff. was the pits were at the far end of the lake. I drove up there wed. night 7 hr. drive to watch on thur. The people are still very nice I asked a police man if he could help get me close to the course as I have only been out of the hosp. three weeks he said just follow me he took me down the blocked road stopped 50 yards from the clock and said this should be good I only had to walk 20 feet and sit down. Then a Police woman comes by sees the canopy an ask can I help you put that up her and her partner put it up and took it down for me. And to think all those so called Pro drivers did not come to this race where the people really want you and don't treat you like crap. As far as I see it they shot there self in the foot by not coming, this could work into another good race for Pro now it may go back to the drag race people. I don't like what APBA is doing any better than anybody else but this was about supporting a new race for the future not APBA or NBRA or the UST. I have nothing to do with this race but thank you to the people that came.

Comment

Working...
                                X