Lack of coverage from the recent Orange Cup Regatta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by A/B Speedliner View Post
    You must have a real inferiority complex and the minute you have someone say something that you feel is against you there is your outrage spewing from your mouth. I was not challenging you to a duel but offering you some advice that some day may help you.
    I may be over 70 years old but I am still connected with the latest gadgets available and still think like I did when I was 40 years old (but not over the hill). I created our Aeroliner web page on my own a few years ago, have the latest cell phone, the latest computer, have driven and still drive a Z06 Corvette for the 49 years, write engineering software that has been sold commercially and still find time to create reproduction parts for Mercury racing outboard as well as market them so others can keep racing and enjoying their 50 year old engines.

Just remember some day hopefully you will be part of the over the hill and back into diapers. LOL

Oh yes, everyday that I am vertical is a good day and I enjoy every one rebuilding 50 year old racing engines

David
    I like this post :-) Im not mad at you or anyone else David. Knock on wood no
    diapers needed yet :-) lol

FYI

Im going over the hill this June :-) DOB 06-01-62
    Last edited by HRTV; 03-09-2012, 10:57 AM.
    HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Comment

I only have 35 followers, but I will tweet the happenings at races I am at from here on. Dan follows me so he can retweet if he feels it's worth it. I think we should not get to upset, everyone want's APBA to succeed and grow. I follow University of Texas football and know when a recruit visits Austin the information I get through twitter is crazy. I agree we the members can do this and it would help bring more interest to our sport

Sean McKean
      @SeanT4
      Last edited by SeanT4; 03-09-2012, 11:11 AM.

Comment

That's better!

I am not mad either and I think we can all work together doing what we love, otherwise why are we here. Dan, let me be the first to offer you a Happy Birthday and my condolenses for joining us over the hill and on the dark side.

As you may have sensed I had always been one of the do'ers and at times I also felt very frustrated until I learned how to encourage and have others chip in.
        Gotta go now, Bike Week starts today here in Daytona.

David

Comment

Originally posted by SeanT4 View Post
          I only have 35 followers, but I will tweet the happenings at races I am at from here on. Dan follows me so he can retweet if he feels it's worth it. I think we should not get to upset, everyone want's APBA to succeed and grow. I follow University of Texas football and know when a recruit visits Austin the information I get through twitter is crazy. I agree we the members can do this and it would help bring more interest to our sport

Sean McKean
          @SeanT4
          Goode deal Sean sounds like a plan. HydroRacer TV is also available to anyone who wants to use it live from the races. All I have to do is make you an admin which allows you to post as the site. For example Christian Langer has been posting live to HRTV all this week from the F1H2O season opener in Doha.

Enjoy!

Connie ??? :-)
          HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Comment

I am not mad either and I think we can all work together doing what we love, otherwise why are we here. Dan, let me be the first to offer you a Happy Birthday and my condolenses for joining us over the hill and on the dark side.

As you may have sensed I had always been one of the do'ers and at times I also felt very frustrated until I learned how to encourage and have others chip in.

David
            Be safe David have a good weekend.
            HTML Code:

Comment

David
              David
              You still have the same Boat and Merc's you tested in the Connetquot River (oakdale) in the 60's

Comment

1960's Engines

Hi Pat
                Alan and I have the original engies we started with in the 1950's and 1960's. All of old boats were sold years ago. Tom Mundy bought Alan's first Speedliner, Bud Marcel in 1968 or so purchased our first Aeroliner that we built in 1966. We sold a bunch of boats then but now it is a hard sell. Visit our web page Aeroliner-Boats.com to see what we do now. We have built some new engines, like our 44CI four carb engine, 60CI Mod engines and one B Konig. Between us we have nearly 100 racing engines and have sold over 20 engines in the last 4 years.

My brother Steve still lives a block away from the Connectiquot River in Oakdale. I sold my engineering business in 1999 and moved to FL.
                David

Comment

David
                  Thats way cool good for you,I remember you testing, what an influence in 1960
                  Oakdale.
                  All my stuff is Konig,Rossi,Konny about 20 in all, also have Two capsule Boats and molds 3 500 Kriers,and one old 500 Yale that I won my first heat at a nationals in with 43 entries--will never part with this one. Gonna be at USTS Winterhavn if you are there stop by and say Hello. My Aunt still lives in Oakdale on Locust funny huh.

Pat

Comment

Understood, Paul. The only point is, somebody has to do it. It's both easy and pointless to play the blame game. If this sport is ever to gain the support and popularity it deserves, somebody has to do it. Doesn't mean there's a finger pointed at you or anyone else who towed a boat trailer.
                    It would make a lot more sense for spouses and other bankliners to take up the yoke, but most of the time any given spouse or family member or friend is only there to cover one or two events, and then usually only with pictures. If good or even just decent coverage is desired, it needs to be done by someone who knows the sport, knows the roster of drivers, knows how to put it on paper and twitter and facebook and whatever else, and knows how to do it in a manner that is organized, efficient, informative and exciting to read. Someone who knows their way around a camera or is willing to go to the effort to collect pictures taken by others.
                    Local clubs organize the events at local bodies of water, right? In my opinion, every local club should have a member or an acquaintance/relation to a member who can fill this role to some extent. I've got a decent hand at journalism, and my wife knows computers like the back of her hand. If I wasn't active duty Air Force, I'd volunteer to do this for any event halfway close to me, just for the joy of being there and doing my part to better the sport. I can't possibly be the only one. Why not have local clubs call these people out?
                    Better yet: why not think of someone you know ("you" meaning whoever reads this, not necessarily you, Paul) in your local area who might fit the profile and call them out? Maybe even pay for their food/room/beer as applicable. Can't think of much I wouldn't do (within reason) for someone who bought me a weekend of good racing.

Comment

A/B speedliner,I love the boat in your avatar.Awesome.
                      Bob

Comment

Well, I'm an old over-the-hill dude, and I just TWEETED!

but then I had to leave the room - smelled noxious . .. gotta lay off the refries and burittos . .
                        carpetbagger

Comment

1965 Speedliner

That is me after the first test run of a new Speedliner with a Mark 15 in 1965. I was still in the service but on a 30 day leave when I drove from NY to St Joe. I picked up the boat on top of my Dad's Nash Rambler. Next day rigged the boat and started testing the next week we were on our way to the 1000 Island where I finished 5th in AU, the last boat to finish before they closed the course.
                          David

Comment

Don't worry Dan the stock winter nationals will be lived streamed. Did you miss the news article about Howie from Lakeland?
                            Kyle Bahl
                            20-R

"He didn't bump you, he didn't nudge you, he rubbed you, and rubbin' son is racin'!"

Comment

The USTS and partners, Race for the Kids Foundation, are already getting TV coverage now for the upcoming race in Winter Haven, FL - testing March 29th and 30th and racing on both Saturday and Sunday, 3/30 and 3/31!

Comment

Originally posted by Racerkyle20 View Post
                                Don't worry Dan the stock winter nationals will be lived streamed. Did you miss the news article about Howie from Lakeland?
                                I was the first one to post the article about Howie. I posted the article on February 29, 8:09 PM

I don't miss much :-)
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by HRTV; 03-11-2012, 07:23 PM.
                                HTML Code:

Comment

Working...
                                X