Digital Scales

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digital Scales

Our club is considering buying a set of electronic scales. I don't know alot about them. Does anyone here know anything about them? If you do please give me some info. or direction.

Thanks
    Keith Kampen

Seattle outboard has a real nice setup and we have one in region 11 NCOA. Joe Johnson can give you the info.
    bill b

Comment

Digital Scales

Indiana Outboard Association has an excellent set also.

Comment

Contact Bill Tetro wcaw@aol.com or days 321-633-3227 Eastern time 9 am - 3 pm. He purchased one last year.
        444-B now 4-F
        Avatar photo credit - F. Pierce Williams

Comment

Scales

Check with your local Fairbanks Scales Dealer.Thats were I get region 5's two repaired and certified.If you have a old one they can change it for you.
          Tom

Comment

Actually, Seattle Outboard doesn't have an electronic scale - Columbia Outboard Racing Assn owns it and provides it a some of the SOA races. Ken Kaiser should more info about it. It works great - a lot more efficient getting boats through inspection.
            Mike Johnson

World Headquarters
            sigpic
            Portland, Oregon
            Johnson Racing

Comment

Scales,not on fish

We have been using them for a long time, many years,at many nationals and had them checked every year.In all that time they have not varied ANY from 0 to 500 lbs.They work in mud, rain and even for boat racers.I would tell you how many years,but I have CRS,(can't remember sh...,whatever.)I can find out the brand if you would like.
              Dave E51E

Comment

Yes, would like the Brand info

Hi David,

I would be interested in the brand of your digital scales.

Seattle Outboard has a set of them, but we are looking for a new set. The ones we had were custom built for us by some local company. They started going buggy on us and when we looked at repairing them, the guy who built them said it was a faulty load cell, and the cost to replace the load cell was comparable to a whole new scale.

We borrowed CORA's most of last year, but even those had some issues--Steve Greaves had to keep a hair dryer on the head at Cullaby (yes, it was raining there---imagine that, rain on the Oregon Coast!). So we are looking at replacing ours, but could always use some guidance as far as a good solid model to buy.

Regards

R-19/84-R
                www.gleasonracing.com

"No, THAT is why people hate him."

Comment

Yes, would like the Brand info

Hi David,

I would be interested in the brand of your digital scales.

Seattle Outboard has a set of them, but we are looking for a new set. The ones we had were custom built for us by some local company. They started going buggy on us and when we looked at repairing them, the guy who built them said it was a faulty load cell, and the cost to replace the load cell was comparable to a whole new scale.

We borrowed CORA's most of last year, but even those had some issues--Steve Greaves had to keep a hair dryer on the head at Cullaby (yes, it was raining there---imagine that, rain on the Oregon Coast!). So we are looking at replacing ours, but could always use some guidance as far as a good solid model to buy.

Regards

R-19/84-R
                  www.gleasonracing.com

"No, THAT is why people hate him."

Comment

The scale we have been using is actually marketed as a 55 gallon drum scale for use in a warehouse. To our knowledge, CORA was the first user of the type we have to try to use it outside. Immediately several issues popped up that where not initially considered by the manufacturer, they where: load cell wiring junction box not liquid tight, display head not liquid tight, display head case made of ordinary brushed SS sheet metal that gets very hot in the direct sun, the end effect causing the readout electronics to go buggy. All of these problems where demonstrated to our supplier at the 2003 Kilos at Devils Lake and a fix has been devised for all of them, we only need to get our scale back to the supplier for retrofit. Other than these 3 stated issues that we think can now be resolved, the scale has been perfect for what we wanted it for. If you’re interested I can contact them for a quote for you?
                    Ken Kaiser
                    Racing Member, Columbia Outboard Racing Association

"The United States is a nation of laws: badly written and randomly enforced"
                    Frank Zappa

Comment

Working...
                    X