Lake Placid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lake Placid

I just got off the phone with Carl Staron. He would like to know who would be interested in an AOF race the weekend right after Thanksgiving, Nov. 24 & 25 at Lake Placid Fl.

If you are interested please post here or call Carl 863-699-9701

Carl is also trying to work out the insurance issues in case antique guys want to come.
    Last edited by aojesus; 10-14-2007, 05:25 PM.

sigpic
    SIBLING RIVALRY RACING TEAM

What does antique mean in this context?

Please list classes and engines that fill the antique term.

Thanks
    "Keep Move'n" life is catching up!
    No man's life, liberty or property are safe while the legislature is in session.

Comment

Our thoughts on antique were the guys that have equipment that doesn't fit into a current racing category. There is opportunity at Lake Placid for everyone to get on the water that has an open cockpit.

I will check with Carl today to see for sure if AOF membership is needed. Several people were trying to get that issue resolved and I will find out.

My 9 year old daughter plans on bringing a Flyer with her KF7, and my 11 year old son may run minimost or something.

sigpic

Comment

Lake Placid antiques

Thanks for the update. Keep us posted on what happens. On the equipment side I have a 25ss that I ran in 25ssh class in the 73-80 era that I am reconditioning as well as the hydro it ran on. Also have a Y80 that I ran from 78 to 80 on the same hydro in 20ssh. They need to get wet.
        "Keep Move'n" life is catching up!
        No man's life, liberty or property are safe while the legislature is in session.

Comment

I can be there with "A" stuff.

Comment

As of today:

1 CSH (Doug)
            2 OSY (Doug, Zach)
            2 20SSH (Doug, Zach)

Comment

Originally posted by DougMc View Post
              As of today:

1 CSH (Doug)
              2 OSY (Doug, Zach)
              2 20SSH (Doug, Zach)
              Hey Doug or Bob Mackrell

If I can bum a ride in one of your rigs I will come down
              HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Comment

I've had very bad luck loaning out my rigs. With that said, I'm sure we could all find you a ride if you are coming.

Comment

Unfortunately we will be out of town for Thanksgiving and can't attend. Will know later about the December date.

Howie & Becca
                  444-B now 4-F
                  Avatar photo credit - F. Pierce Williams

Comment

Originally posted by DougMc View Post
                    I've had very bad luck loaning out my rigs. With that said, I'm sure we could all find you a ride if you are coming.
                    Gee Doug and just think I was going to remove your red dot I'm sure someone will loan me a ride if I show up.
                    HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Comment

Dan,

As a plan B, if I get my Flyer done in time maybe we can borrow a motor for you. It screams with a 20H and the older style 25SS but was designed for a B hot rod. It just needs paint and a new lexan cowl.

I'll see what Carl can dig up.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aojesus View Post
                        Dan,

As a plan B, if I get my Flyer done in time maybe we can borrow a motor for you. It screams with a 20H and the older style 25SS but was designed for a B hot rod. It just needs paint and a new lexan cowl.

I'll see what Carl can dig up.
                        Thanks Russ I'm not 100% sure but right now the plan is to do Disney World that Thursday and Friday with my little girl so if i am that close I might as well come on down
                        HTML Code:

Comment

Dan,
                          I just got off the phone with Carl. Between his stuff and my stuff you will have a ride. Not sure what class yet
                          We may get faster offers as the race approaches, but at least for now you have a ride. Remember how to drive a Flyer? If we can come up with a Y80 you can give my new Giles a ride

sigpic

Comment

Dan,
                            I can't promise anything, but if I can, I will try to have you a 125 runabout ride there. Both the Yamaha and the VRP are torn down right now. Tony Staron is planning on coming up either for USTS meeting or another meeting. If he drives, and we can get the parts on time, I will send a motor home for you. I already have a runabout down there. It is an old Staron that is older than either of us but a great boat. Many people know Lucky the famous boat. Won more national champships than probably any other boat in history.
                            A very fun and forgiving runabout. You won't even know you aren't in a hydro.

Brian Payn
                            X21

Comment

antique/vintage

I was just told that if Antique/Vintage stuff shows up they need to join Highland Outboard Assoc. $15 and pay $5 each day for the ambulance/medical fund. Carl says if this is done he will get you time on the water.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X