• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lake Placid Report

This report called in:

Great friends.
    Good racing.
    Records set.
    Little Nichols girl is belle of the ball.
    Fun time.
    Lots of testing done.
    At least 2 new rookies to boat racing.

Reports of records once they are finalized.
    Low turn out. Time will tell if this site is lost due to low turn out.
    Kudos to all who helped: Carl, Bob, Hunt, Linda, Tom, David, Andy, and so many more. (I wasn't fast enough to get all the names as they were dictated to me).
    Remember: testing at this site is not allowed without sanction and regatta insurance and proper permits. You will be arrested.

Thank you to all who showed. A lot of smiles leaving the site.
    That is what grass roots racing is all about.

Promote not demote

Was the glass half empty or half full. Good race good fun! We were about 15 boats short of people who said they would be there. I have raced since I was 14 and Now 51 . From AU to Mod U. A bad review sends people away. IT was A great time . There were people from all over the U.S. Been to OPC races where we combined 3 classes to make one . We are the new guys and we still have one more boat and driver to bring. Just whatching the J boats was worth the ride. I only know Becky and Bobby or I would mention them all. Next HOA race Food ,prizes, and more. Promote not Demote !!!!

Comment

Very well said!!! And to think that Carl has taken time off work to bring the HOA picik up boat to Ocoee for 4 days....to help out all those racers who were testing in Frostproof instead of attending the great race in Lake Placid. It is they who must look Carl in the eye, not me. One good thing has come of this though, apprantly we can test all we want in Frostproof.

Comment

well said

Originally posted by sbakley View Post
        Was the glass half empty or half full. Good race good fun! Promote not Demote !!!!
        sbakley,
        Carl and I had great plans for 2006 and 2007 lake Placid races. Unfortunately
        a couple of heart attacks and some tumor issues have kept me down for a little over a year. The doc says I can go to ocoe as a spectator so I will be spending some time with Carl and making more plans.
        Lake Placid is a GREAT race site with GREAT people. The way Carl and AOF have things set up you don't need huge money to have a race. The race I attended was super. It will just take some hard work and determination to prove that this site has been reestablished and is worth supporting. HOA and AOF are a really good combination.
        I hope to have a clean bill of health soon and will be back supporting HOA and Carl as much as I can!!

RussW

sigpic
        SIBLING RIVALRY RACING TEAM

Comment

Some more winners

Taken by phone: some more winners at Lake Placid:

Eastern Champions: (Saturday)
          Y80H: Hunt Leavitt
          Championship and record
          J H: Becky Nichols
          Championship and record
          102S H (CSH) Hunt Leavitt