Oroville AOF Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oroville AOF Report

Just in to the AOF office from Oroville Kilo/Marathon.

New AOF Record in SER (FER) by Tony Lombardo at 82.2777

Other drivers: Wartinger hits over 86 in the 125 R

Terry Klemm hits over 112 in 1100 R with an average of 106 somthing.

Way to go AOF and all the racers.

WATER IS PERFECT according to Russ.
    Lots of records will be broken.
    The marathon will be starting in about 1/2 hour with our fearless leader, Russ Bircher, in his first ever marathon. This is a new division to AOF, so we will see if he survives to tell if this is going to be a successful endeavor for us. lol

Report 2:

It was the GREAT AOF driver, Tony Lombardo who gets in the 1100 with the "duck", Terry Klemm for a speedy flight of over 112 mph. Watch for Tony to be the next AOF Hall of Fame winner for 2007.

Comment

Report 3

Details are sketchy on the Marathon. But called, in and to be confirmed later today:

Our fearless leader, Russ Bircher was leading the pack, and may even have won the first round in the marathon with a D stock.

Unfortunately, the second round was in the toilet, as his boat SUNK. Russ was driving an old Krier runabout belonging to Charlie Walters, another AOF racer from South Dakota/Florida/ and now Moses Lake WA. Rumor has it that Russ is in hiding until he can figure out how to tell Charlie.

No word on whether the motor was saved. If not, we are pretty sure Russ's wife, Too Hot Sue (who did not accompany Russ on the trip South), will find Russ real soon and propoerly take care of the situation.
      I might add: "Anyone interested in being the next AOF Executive Director?" I am pretty sure Too Hot Sue just may do Russ some harm. lol

Comment

J. mike kelly drove the boat not Russ. Mike did make it to the pit turn . We thought that he ran out of gas until he yelled that there was a hole in the boat. The motor got a little wet but did not submerge. The rig looked REAL GOOD.
        bill b

Comment

Thank you Bill for the update. All we can say is that we are just very thankful Russ got a bath. Maybe we can stand to smell him when he returns.
          Office

Comment

See pictures at www.boatracingr11.com

Comment

Just got back for California, I want to thank Connie for the credit she gave me for driving my runabout in the marathon. But it was NOT me it was J Michael Kelly. I have 60 year old bones and 80 year old knees if it was me they would have needed a crane to get me out of the boat Marathons are for the young racers and a very young thinking Darrell Sorenson.
              The boat is being repaired now and will be back for more in June. Thanks to all our friends down south it was a lot of fun that is a nice picture of mike in the runabout G-4
              Russ Bircher 45-R/151-R & G-4

Comment

Hi Russ, Glad you made it home. When I looked at those pics of you in the runabout, I thought you looked a little taller, thinner, and younger. lol
                Well, you get back the AOFoffice. Glad I could help for the week end. I am certainly thankful you weren't out there in the marathon race because I am retired remember? You have to stay healthy to keep the office going.
                It sounds like Oroville was a great race. Sure missed being there this year, but we are still snowed in. Should be out today.
                Connie

Comment

Working...
                X