AOF Race March 10-11?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AOF Race March 10-11?

Can someone confirm that there will be an AOF race on March 10-11 in Florida? Carl Staron tells me it's on but I've seen little about it. This would be a great opportunity for anyone going to Ocoee the following week to get in some knee time after a long break. Thanks.
    Hunt
    44-Z

Hunt and Everyone,

This race is planned on being a big one. Testing on Friday, racing on Sat and Sun. We are hoping for a record course but that is not set in stone as we still need to confirm the surveyor.
    Grat racing and a great time.
    Hopefully we can keep the trouble makers off the lake long enough to have an AOF race. If you are coming to test, you will need to be an AOF member per the insurance. We can make you a deal.
    Toe Knee 33f

Comment

Hey Toe Knee,

You might want to tell us where it is if you want anyone to come!
      Ryan Runne
      9-H
      Wacusee Speedboats
      ryan.runne.4@gmail.com

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"--Albert Einstein

These days, I find it easier to look up to my youngers than my elders.

Comment

Lake Apthorpe[Cemerty Lake]

Ryan: First a belated happy birthday, as Augustine must have meant by bushels.........barley malt hops & yeast!!!!!!!!! Cemerty Lake , left off route #27 between Avon Park & Sebring nice place, 250 miles from Walker 220 from me. Regards to your family...........Bill:

Comment

Lake Apthorpe is in Lake Placid on 27 going North towards Sebring. some call it cemetery lake. Much testing has been done and many AOF races on this beautiful lake for racing.
          We will be racing hte week end before Ocoee. Many northerners are used to coming down and spending the week before the winter APBA races and testing here.
          Unfortunately, the neighborhood association has control of the lake and will not allow any racing or testing on this lake now without insurance. AOF insurance will be in place for the week end and we might be able to squeeze some testing in during the week. YOU MUST BE AN AOF MEMBER to test or race at this lake as it is AOF insurance we are using and can afford.
          You will get AOF points. If you are coming to test only, we might be able to work on some cheaper costs, but we will wee what the outcome is. We have to pay for the insurance, gas, pick up boats, ambulance, etc.
          AOf Office

Comment

Oh yes, Open pipes are not a problem on this lake IF testing or racing is done in a sanctioned permitted event.
            So come on down. Have a lot of fun.

Comment

There is a lot of enthusiasm for this race. One week before Ocoee. Great chance to tune up before Ocoee. You can come and test or race, but don't try to test here during the week days before Ocoee. You must be an AOF member to cover the insurance requirements for this lake, but don't worry, we will be giving you a discount if you only want to test on Friday, Saturday, or Sunday.
              It looks like we will even be having a Mini Most race for the first time. We are still working on a surveyor to set up for records. Stay tuned and plan on coming one week early to this super race site and a lot of no pressure fun.
              AOFOffice
              Russ Bircher, Executive Director

Comment

The South Florida Outboard Club recommends this race or pre-race testing to those racers wanting to test or get some early boat timefor Ocoee.

Comment

Working...
                X