Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AOF/NBRA Joint Memorial Race

Just in from Trisha Lund and Lone Star
    AOF and NBRA will be hosting the first ever joint race in Pineville, LA over Labor Day Week end.
    Cards from both organizations will be honored.
    This will be a measured course for records, details to come.
    All AOF and NBRA classes, stock and mod. Pro classes if enough.
    All AOF Outboard Drag classes will also compete with ByUBoyz heading up the Drags.
    What an extravaganza! Hope you all make plans to attend.

AOF NBRA race

This race is not Labor Day it is Memorial Day.
    Keith Kampen

Comment

What Happened ?????

What happened to the nationals being over Labor Day, combined with NBRA, at Depue ???? That was going to be th emost centrally located Nationals of any organization this year. BUMMER!!!!
      Dave Mason
      Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Re: What Happened ?????

Originally posted by Dave M
        What happened to the nationals being over Labor Day, combined with NBRA, at Depue ???? That was going to be th emost centrally located Nationals of any organization this year. BUMMER!!!!

POLITICS!

OMC FE/SE powerhead parts for sale. Kurcz ported block, Mod 50 pistons and cylinder head, exhaust, etc.

Comment

It Kills

The more I hear about the politics the madder I get. They always seem to mess up a good thing. Look at APBA and the offshore deal, the AOF and NBRA split, always seem to be able to track the problems down to politics.

Guess there is no AOF or NBRA for me this year, that sucks. Any race for me is like 10 hour drive. Flordia for a Nationals in the summer...... almost as bad as Lousiana in August. To hot.

And with Dad getting his Lifetime Membership, we were looking forward to some AOF races this year. Maybe Politics will get involved again and change back the location to combined NBRA and also be more located in the Central regions.
          Dave Mason
          Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Nationals

Sorry Dave that the combined Nats did not work out. I will not hash this thing out in a public forum. But you or anyone else who wants to contact me. I will be glad to give you my take on it. But on the upside NBRA will most probably go on with the Nationals at Depue Il. Labor day weekend. We still have to lookat some other sites. We do have the date & site at Depue reserved and it
            has been for quite some time. Those drivers that do not wish to go that for south are invited to Depue. We will honor AOF cards.
            NBRA class structure does take in all the currently popular MOD classes & most of the stock classes.
            Art Kampen
            314-741-0563
            hasbeeny111@aol.com

Comment

Memorial Day in Pineville

Thank you everyone for catching my mistake about Memorial week end. I was on my way to work yesteday when I wrote that and goofed.
              I think this will be an excellent chance for us to come together for a weekend. A nationals is a different story, as each of our organizations has voted on our weights, starts, etc. and we expect to adhere to our own rules. AOF has evolved to APBA weights and NBRA has thier own, (much lighter). Maybe we need to get those NBRA drivers to eat and want to raise their weights! NBRA starts are unique in that they put gun jumpers down a lap instead of eliminating them from points. This is something I would like to see discussed in AOF. I am not saying I agree, but it is interesting. At any rate, we had no classes that could run together, considering AOF also has approved a legal step up chart, and apparantly NBRA hasn't.
              Lone Star will be conducting a record race on this site, so there is extra advantage to racing that week end. I also feel the exposure of the drivers who don't know each other can only be beneficial to boat racing, and I wil continue to lament that that is what it is all about anyway.
              Tony

Comment

Sad Thing is...

The sad thing about this is that the alienations resulting from this only hurts the drivers, not the organizations, because all the organizations are made up of drivers.

Sorry Bill G, wish things were different.

Speaking personally, I have some very good friends in all three categories. Imagine that, I race with people in all three categories each year......
                Dave Mason
                Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Has it been decided which organization's class designation will be used for the joint race at Pineville over Memorial Day. I'm especially interested in whether the 102 Mod will be running in the C class as in AOF and APBA or alone as in NBRA. I would prefer, given a chance to vote, to run the 102 Mod in the C class where there is more participation.

Comment

Food for thought....

"NBRA starts are unique in that they put gun jumpers down a lap instead of eliminating them from points. This is something I would like to see discussed in AOF." Tony, seems like APBA should discuss this also! This should open a can of worms!

Better yet, lets have the summer nats at DePue for all 3! Then it would really be a nationals! Sorry, just dreamin'.
                    http://www.stockoutboard.com/

Comment

Working...
                    X