Lake Placid. Are the rules APBA? If so, how do I
    get a APBA rule book? If AOF rules how do I get
    an AOF book?
    Thanks,
    Chad

Chad,
    Please email me at:
    AOFOffice@aol.com

I prefer to email you a copy which takes only a few minutes. If you want a hard copy we can make arrangements.
    thanks,
    Connie

Comment

APBA Rules

Chad,
      Go to the APBA website. [url]www.apba-racing.com you should find everything you need to get started. Don't be afraid to ask questions on hydroracer. welcome, John Runne 2-Z
      Last edited by csh2z; 07-17-2006, 06:28 AM.
      John Runne
      2-Z

Stock Outboard is all about a level playing field.

True parity is one motor per class.

It's RACING, not just another boat ride!

NOT a representative of Racing Outboards LLC.

Comment

Here is a direct link to the APBA resource page with the rule books:

APBA resource page

You need to download both the rule book that interest you and the current Tech manual (under Inspectors) for the division(s) you are interested in.
        Last edited by sam; 07-17-2006, 03:28 PM.

Comment

Hi Chad,
          I hope that the email I sent you with the AOFrulebook came through. It won't hurt to read the APBA rulebook either. Some racers race in both organizations and have never read either one. For Lake Placid races, though, I would put your time in reading the AOF rulebook, even though they are quite similar in the rules.
          The big differences is in the class structures. AOF runs all of the classes that APBA does, but some brilliant tech gurus figured out how to make one division out of APBA's 3 (stock/mod/pro) and run everything either together or separately depending on number of boats. It sure saves on the division conflicts, that is for sure. Maybe more of the APBA tech guys should at least look at the AOF tech section for some pointers. Although I am pretty convinced that most boat racers don't know how to read anyway.
          Have fun at the Lake Placid races. It is boat racing heaven in my book.
          Connie

Comment

Rule book

I was at one of the events earlier this year at Lake Placid and
            plan to attent the next race. I got the AOF book and have been looking
            it over. I intend to get the APBA rule book as well, can't have too much
            information. Thanks to all who replyed and to Connie for sending the
            book. I'll see you at the next event with many questions.
            Thanks,
            Chad

Comment

Hey Chad what classes will you be running ?
              HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Comment

Class

Admin.
                As far as which class I am planning I don't know.
                I've been involved in land speed racing for a number
                of years and looking for something different. What I'd
                like to do is attend a few events and become familar
                with the classes and procedures, engines (I like engines)
                so it'll be a while before I commit to a particular class.
                Maybe I ask if spectators are welcome?
                Chad

Comment

racing at Lake Placid

hello Chad,
                  Here is my opinion,... If you are new to boat racing Lake Placid is the place to be. The atmosphere and lack of stress is wonderful! If you haven't already, you need to get hooked up with a few guys and spend some time with them while they are testing. I don't know how far you are from Brooksville, but I'll give you a shout when we get the boats out again this fall. I hope to do some testing in Lake Placid with Carl. I'll gladly let you try out some of my stuff.
                  I raced APBA for many years and the people are great! Carl Staron introduced me to the AOF way of life last fall and I must say AOF is Second to none.
                  I was heavily involved in D.I.R.T. car racing and W.K.F. Kart racing and while I enjoyed both they don't hold a candle to boat racing.
                  Stay in touch with Carl Staron, he will take care of you.

Russ W

sigpic
                  SIBLING RIVALRY RACING TEAM

Comment

Originally posted by chad
                    Maybe I ask if spectators are welcome?
                    Chad
                    Chad, spectators are always welcome. Check out any of the AOF or APBA races near you and just walk up and tell someone who you are and that you were asking on hydroracer ... someone there will know who you are

Comment

AOJESUS
                      I'm down here in Miami would be interesting in watching and learning
                      while you are testing. You raced Outlaw Sprints? They never ran sprints
                      here regularly, maybe once or twice a year but I enjoy them. Anytime I'm in the
                      Lakeland/Plan City area I'm sure to go to East Bay watch sprints - and other classes -
                      on dirt (which is for racing, asphalt is for parking). Now the closest short track
                      is DeSoto though the sprints ran at Homestead as part of the Grand Am/IRL
                      racing weekend.
                      Chad

Comment

Working...
                      X