How is Kavin Marton ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How is Kavin Marton ?

How is Kavin doing after hitting the rocks at Bank Lake yesterday in 1100 cc hydro?? He was not back from hospital when we left the race. Sure wish him the best of luck. Russ Bircher 45-R/151-R

I just talked to Rod Black. He said that Kevin is ok. Hurting. Landed on some boulders. Boat destroyed and probably the motor. Hopefully Kevin will come on and give us an all clear.
    Kevin, Hope you are doing well this morning. Blowing over an 1100 H onto a pile of rocks can't be easy on the body.
    Connie

Comment

Slow down everyone. Don't get this out of control.

He did not hit a rock wall, nor did he blow over. He hit something while milling on the back stretch which turned his boat violently to the right towards the rocky shoreline. All steering is still in tact and fully operational. However, the lower unit and prop are not. Yes, his boat is messed up, and he is bruised and sore. It could have happened in a any class of boat as he was milling and not running fast.

Mike Sattler
      Sattler Racing R-15
      350cc Pro Alcohol Hydro
      TEAM VRP
      The Original "Lunatic Fringe"

Spokane Appraiser

Comment

the main thing is he is going to be ok

Comment

kws the main thing is he is going to be ok

I second that motion! Mike, keep us posted as to how he is feeling.
          Connie

Comment

hi guys

thanks for the well wishes, and concern, VERY sore and bruised today moving around like an old man i do feel extremely lucky to be only bruised and stiff. i actually did hit the rocks a little looks like my helmet took most of that for me, the rocks did tear up my feet a little through my boots. mike was right i did not slam into the rocks, the boat did however i'll post some photos of it later. i hit a couple of them, and landed in the water next to them, i was able to pull myself up onto them, just to get out of the water, breathing was tough for a few seconds. my recoloection pretty much is that my lower unit must have hit something just beneath the surface, picked the boat up, when it came down the boat jetted violently to the right to the rocks, it did pitch me thank goodness. hats off to the rescue crew very well organized, and cautious. the doctors did say my neck restraint saved my neck, along with the helmet of course, although it really doensn't feel like it today they also indicated that the flack in my "pro" jacket was a great savior with the rocks, and the full bootys helped with my feet. i'll tell you our equipment today is pretty awesome stuff, i'm here actually working today because of it. thanks again for the thoughts , any one interested in a really good 100 cc konig motor, and what hardware made it through they are for sale. by the way the motor aws flushed and restarted, and then fogged, it made it through ok!! kevin

Comment

A ruff landing

Originally posted by propwash
              thanks for the well wishes, and concern, VERY sore and bruised today moving around like an old man i do feel extremely lucky to be only bruised and stiff. i actually did hit the rocks a little looks like my helmet took most of that for me, the rocks did tear up my feet a little through my boots. mike was right i did not slam into the rocks, the boat did however i'll post some photos of it later. i hit a couple of them, and landed in the water next to them, i was able to pull myself up onto them, just to get out of the water, breathing was tough for a few seconds. my recoloection pretty much is that my lower unit must have hit something just beneath the surface, picked the boat up, when it came down the boat jetted violently to the right to the rocks, it did pitch me thank goodness. hats off to the rescue crew very well organized, and cautious. the doctors did say my neck restraint saved my neck, along with the helmet of course, although it really doensn't feel like it today they also indicated that the flack in my "pro" jacket was a great savior with the rocks, and the full bootys helped with my feet. i'll tell you our equipment today is pretty awesome stuff, i'm here actually working today because of it. thanks again for the thoughts , any one interested in a really good 100 cc konig motor, and what hardware made it through they are for sale. by the way the motor aws flushed and restarted, and then fogged, it made it through ok!! kevin
              Kevin
              glad to hear you are doing fine !! From the pits it didn't look good at all !Thank God for a good helmetI saw your's that saved your mellon.
              Get well soon and I will see you in 2 weeks. Russ Bircher 45R

Comment

Kevin,
                Are you going to make the race at Newport? I know the boat can't, but hope you can make it.

Dave Loomis
                SLORA R-17
                Dave Loomis
                AOF Secretary

Comment

hi dave

i will be there sunday around 11:00 or so have to be in yakima all day saturday. rod black has offered me a spin in his capsule hoping to feel a little safer, perhaps keep myself in the sport a little longer thanks for asking kevin

Comment

Working...
                  X