Oct. Oregon Kilos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oct. Oregon Kilos

We are pleased to announce that AOF was invited to participate in the Oregon Devils Lake Kilo runs to be held in October. AOF has added Kilo records (as well as 1/4 mile) to our record books. Most records are open so this is your chance to get your name in the record books. A driver recieves 500 points for setting a record, and extra points for the Hall of Fame competition. Also remember that AOF pays each division leader 500 dollars for high point at the end of the season.

If Not Racing, Come See The Pacific Ocean

CONNIE, THIS IS YOUR CHANCE. I THINK OF YOU A LOT. BUT WHEN I SEE THE OCEAN I CAN'T GET THE THOUGHT OUT OF MY MINE, OF YOU NEVER SEEING IT, OR BEING ON IT. A PLACE SO CALM AND SUBDUING ONE MINUTE AND SO WILD AND POWERFUL THE NEXT. I KNOW FEAR IS WITHIN BUT EVERYTIME I GO ON HER I LOOK FOR A WAY TO STAY ALIVE IF THINGS START HAPPENING. IS THE ONLY PLACE I HAVE EVER FELT LIKE THIS. AS SOON AS YOU THINK YOU HAVE CONTROL YOUR A GONER, YOU NEVER HAVE CONTROL YOU JUST STEER..steve

Comment

Anything Thing That Will Run

Connie, I have just made a couple calls. If you come out to Devils Lake, I will make sure every boat on the coast that i have any part in, that is running at end of summer makes a AFO record pass.. honest 'ngine..steve..22-R, 23-R, R-30..QUINAULTRACING

Comment

Originally posted by AOFoffice
        We are pleased to announce that AOF was invited to participate in the Oregon Devils Lake Kilo runs to be held in October. AOF has added Kilo records (as well as 1/4 mile) to our record books. Most records are open so this is your chance to get your name in the record books. A driver recieves 500 points for setting a record, and extra points for the Hall of Fame competition. Also remember that AOF pays each division leader 500 dollars for high point at the end of the season.
        what are the current AOF kilo records for 20SSH/CSH and CSR??? Just thinkin......
        Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

The Rule

Being a new AFO member, is it required that a hull I might want to run on Devils Lake to do a AFO pass, be in a AFO race that racing year ? This is not the best on the west coast but it is the NEATEST on west. In mine, of good place to race, good location, you cannot beat OROVILLE, CA. back to Devils Lake. A super neat place. Long narrow lake, shortest river in the world the D River, then the Pacific Ocean. All in a couple stones throw. Even if you don't go fast, you've got a memory to last..steve..22-R..QUINAULTRACING

Comment

Originally posted by mercguy
            what are the current AOF kilo records for 20SSH/CSH and CSR??? Just thinkin......
            Daren,

I believe there is no current records in those classes

Mike
            AOF VP of Competition
            Sattler Racing R-15
            350cc Pro Alcohol Hydro
            TEAM VRP
            The Original "Lunatic Fringe"

Spokane Appraiser

Comment

Kilo Records

As for running of equipment it has to pass APBA inspection . Remember this is a APBA event and AOF is invited !!
              There is only one AOF kilo Record as to date and that is Mr Rick Keller in D- Stock Hydro ,set at Oroville Ca last Febuary. Hope to see a lot of AOF members there. Russ Bircher 45-R

Comment

sorry RUSS

I ask the ??? wrong. To run for a AFO kilo record, must one race a AFO race with that class or hull# prior to kilo run, to be eligible?...steve

Comment

Russ,
                  2 AOF Kilo Records: Rick Keller in D stock and Brian Payn in 125 R. (Of course we'd like to forget that one!).

Steve,
                  You do not need to have raced the rig in a previous race to be qualified for the Kilo record.

Everyone: AOF just adopted the Kilo records this year. So all but two are open, and both that exist can be beaten. AOF previously only ran a 14 mi record run. We still have 1/4 mile but have also added kilo.

Office

Comment

I forgot

Connie Sorry about not naming brian's record but you did say to forget it ! and I did . You do have to follow APBA RULES it is there show.
                    If you any question that we have not covered call me ( Russ Bircher) get my phone # from the AOF office or just call the office (AOF).
                    Russ Bircher 45-R

Comment

I just keep quit (not like me)

Before we left OROVILLE I think BRAIN said lets not take about this. I'm a little embarrassed. But I do believe a person that will make four runs in a little runabout on seas of that magnitude deserves a record..steve..22-R........................Connie just got a call from the cops in WILLIAMS, CA. they have my camera, and the guy that got into my car while I was tring to get out of CA when the storm hit. Took me ten hour to drive down, 20 hours to drive back. with $1.00 in change and a card I had hide in the car. I'll send pictures when I get it back.

Comment

Too bad there are no kilos on the east coast at all..
                        Youngest Member of the Flyer Raceboat Gang

Comment

What did they say 200 years ago ?

MOVE WEST YOUNG MAN.....quote..HONEST 'NGINE

Comment

Find me a job that pays enough and I might think about it.. But seriously all the kilo runs are on the west coast.. There has to be some good places here on the East Coast or even in the Mis-West where a kilo competiton could be set up.. I think there would be alot of interest if there was one done on this side of the Mississippi..
                            Youngest Member of the Flyer Raceboat Gang

Comment

Kilo's @ Kaukuna, Wisco

Dew,

We have had them here in the fall at Kaukauna, WI at our infamos test site. Most famus, include Team Mercury with Merton, Beghauer, etc.

Was pretty young back then. Mostly died for the lack of interest.

OMC had some Bass Boat speed traps in Beloit also within the last 6-8 years.

Stormin Normin Schaub was pretty active with these events.

Warbs
                              64*W

Comment

Working...
                              X