Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Florida Scheduling Suggestions

Carl Staron is looking for suggestions.
    It seems that after moving the Lake Placid March 25-26 race to the preceeding week end of March 18-19 so as not to interferre with the APBA Winter Nationals, another problem has occured. It seems that the 12 hours of Sebring is that week end. There isn't a motel room to be found, except for a few that Carl has already reserved. The week end before that is also full. The question is, where does HOA move that race?
    Is the motel room thing a problem? HOA thought about moving it to back to back races in Feb, 18-19 is scheduled now, so adding 25-26?
    Your help and suggestions are needed as you are the racers who need to decide.
    HOA will not put thier race up against another Region 5 race if they can help it. (Already one up against USTS, but they will work on scheduling the OSY400 class on a different day from Inverness).
    Any help and suggestions are welcome.
    Also, this office has been getting inquiries about whether or not AOF racers will be getting AOF points at the APBA Peace River races this year. Sorry, but apparantly the Peace River members voted no to that this year. USTS voted yes, so you will be getting AOF points for the USTS Florida races.
    Also, remember that if you race AOF: AOF is also an APBA club. You will not HAVE to join a local APBA club if you don't want to. However, if you are active in a local club, we encourage you to join.
    Connie

HTML Code:
    Also, remember that if you race AOF: AOF is also an APBA club. You will not HAVE to join a local APBA club if you don't want to. However, if you are active in a local club, we encourage you to join. 
    Connie
    Please note:
    If you plan to run in a USTS race and want to chase USTS points or run in a class that qualifies for prize money you must be a member of the USTS.

Kristi

Kristi Z-22

PRO Commissioner

APBA BOD

"Ask not what your racing organization can do for you...Ask what you can do for your racing organization"
    Tomtall 06

Comment

Good point Kristi. I would imagine that all clubs also have a high point award for their individual clubs. Personally, I think when you go to any race you should join the local club who is putting on the race. Every little bit helps to a club for things like newsletters, etc. Some don't think that way, though, and want to get it all free. I guess they think we run on air? So I just wanted to point out that about AOF being an APBA club.
      Connie

Comment

Connie

We do run on hot air....it just won't pay the bills or sanctions or insurance etc.....

Kristi

Kristi Z-22

PRO Commissioner

APBA BOD

"Ask not what your racing organization can do for you...Ask what you can do for your racing organization"
        Tomtall 06

Comment

Working...
        X