Lake Placid Countdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lake Placid Countdown

Carl just called from the lake. Wind is blowing, but across the lake and water is very raceable. Remember, loud pipes are not a problem so bring any stock, mod or PRO. (Not a problem because we have our permits in place). Testing at specified times only.
    Also, Carl and HOA are asking for some patience. Remember, they have not put a race on as a club for a couple of years. Come to have fun and overlook our boo boos or step up to help. Murphies law about first races is bound to kick in. Number one priority is TO HAVE FUN!
    Costs:
    Entry fees: $20 first class, $15 second class !0 third class and $5 for each class after that.

AOF charges each racer $5 per day (to pay for nationals, national meetings, and help). note; this is not per class, but per day no matter how many classes you run.

HOA membership? I forgot but it is cheap

AOF Memberhship: full $75 or 3 payments of $25 a week end
    J/Novice classes: $35 or 3 payments
    Non racing is $25 for voting or $15 for non voting.

I'm heading down on Friday morning Carl said I can sleep in the grass if I cant find a hotel
    HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Comment

Smooth Sailing

The Boomtap predicts good race weekend. Stepping up is mandatory. We'll make lake placid work. I'll be arriving early friday morning and look forward to seeing "out-of-staters".

Comment

I sent in my AOF app, but haven't got my card yet. Will I need it on Sat or will they know at registration?

Comment

Doug,
          Your card can be picked up at registration. Anyone who has paid can pick theirs up also. It was easier to send everything in one box.
          Dan,
          Just follow Tony, not Carl. Tony said he will make sure you don't sleep in the grass. At least not too close to the aligators. I have also seen bears and panthers in those groves. I had no idea that there was so much wildlife in florida. Besides boat racers that its

Comment

Thanks Connie after talking with Carl on the phone this afternoon I see he is very much like Buddy with the jokes Is the whole family that way or is Tony sane
            HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Comment

Weeelll

Weelll , we don't know that....

Comment

Tony and sane? I never heard those two words together ever!

Comment

Tony? Sane?

I've known and raced with Carl and Tony for at least 20 Years. I can't remember the words Tony and sane ever being used in the same sentence. I think the world of Tony in spite of his condition.
                  Art Crawford 30F
                  Panama City Fl.

Comment

Working...
                  X