• Show
Clear All

• C Mod Vote

All “C” Mod Drivers (AOF)

Proposal: Approve 31.8 C.I. OMC Motor in “C” Mod class

Rational: Readily Available, Inexpensive Motor

Approve Disapprove

omc moda'

Are these mericun made unloop moters, if so i think so. I mean after all nationalism IS is it not.
    richardF
    RichardK.C. Mo.

Comment

fishing size???

whatfishing motor would this be???? thanks mike

Comment

Originally posted by vislaguy
        whatfishing motor would this be???? thanks mike
        Going back to 1976, 25, 28, 30 & 35 hp

Comment

OMC Engine

This motor was tryed years ago in AOF. It was on probation for a couple of years. A couple were built. And blew away the Merc`s competing then. It was even tryed in B1 way, to fast. This motor is kind of a bastard to fast for C and not quite fast enough to beat the 40ci D Merc.
          Art K

Comment

Thanks for that info Art.

As long as I've been racing C I should remember it being in the C class, but I don't...???

OMC FE/SE powerhead parts for sale. Kurcz ported block, Mod 50 pistons and cylinder head, exhaust, etc.

Comment

Omc

David this occured in the late 70`s. Ron Whittaker tryed to make one work in B=1 later on. Said it was just to fast. As you know the current B-1 is as fast as a c now.
              Art

Comment

Ah So

Originally posted by Art K
                David this occured in the late 70`s. Ron Whittaker tryed to make one work in B=1 later on. Said it was just to fast. As you know the current B-1 is as fast as a c now.
                Art
                Art,so right after watching that race at Rockaway last yr., maybe format type racing would work, only with runabouts included.
                RichardK.C. Mo.

Comment

Originally posted by Art K
                  Art
                  Art and others,

I just talked to Howard Pickerell on the questions being brought concerning the ballot. (He is not on the internet).

I quoted your statements and questions to him and here is his reply:

Sam is correct. it is the 31 cu inch motor. They are readily available. There are a lot of them out there, and they are inexpensive. According to Howard, who was with OMC for years, they are or should be about the same speed as the 30 H. He doubts if they would ever be faster and he has never seen one faster than what we are running now. The advantage is that it would get more racers on the water. If they were faster, as Art suggests, then the rulebook says that we can slow them down by putting restrictions on them in some way. Simple as that. He did extensive testing with this engine with OMC and never got them to run at D speeds as Art suggests. Howard Pickerell can be reached at 631-283-7181 if you would like to discuss this further.

Comment

Working...
                  X