• Show
Clear All

• PRO Drivers Vote

All PRO Drivers (AOF)

Proposal: Add 175cc pro motor

Rational: To replace dissolved “RB” class

Approve Disapprove

YiPee

I am told that adopting this as a motor and not a class we now also have a new runabout class.
    YiPee. Brian X21
    Of course I can't afford one, but maybe I will win the lottery

Comment

175 Motor vs Class

Isn't a 175cc engine legal for 250 classes currently? It is in APBA unless the class rules for 250 (any engine of 126cc's up to 250. cc's)have been amended.

So are you really adding a displacement or introducing a new class limited by 175cc displacement? Or would the 175cc be paired with other larger displacement engines that typically run Mod?

In any event, I am for it.
      David Weaver

Comment

David,
        You are correct. What we are trying to do is copy the PRO APBA rules. We needed to delete the RB and add 175 officially. We all figured it was just a matter of time before there would be a 175 runabout class also, so we left that part open. Jumped the gun so to speak.
        Connie

Comment

Originally posted by AOFoffice
          David,
          You are correct. What we are trying to do is copy the PRO APBA rules. We needed to delete the RB and add 175 officially. We all figured it was just a matter of time before there would be a 175 runabout class also, so we left that part open. Jumped the gun so to speak.
          Connie
          David,

As Connie stated. We are trying to match the classes up as close as possible to the APBA classes to make it easy for the drivers like you and I who run both AOF & APBA. I think you will see AOF make a few other changes that will also benefit cross over drivers in the near future. The 2006 year should be a real bang. We have already got a couple new clubs for the 2006 season. We are already getting permits and approvals from the city councils for national events, etc. Even though it's snowing like crazy here, things are looking hot for next year.

Mike
          Sattler Racing R-15
          350cc Pro Alcohol Hydro
          TEAM VRP
          The Original "Lunatic Fringe"

Spokane Appraiser

Comment

You can count me in as a big YES
            Steve

Comment

Whew, thanks Mike for clearing everything up. Just in case everyone does not know this: I am clueless when it comes to techincal issues. I just make up an answer until it sounds good.
              I have learned that an engine has all kinds of body parts. Throat, foot, head, leg. I've never heard of an engine getting a boob job, thank goodness, just boobs who work on them.
              Connie

Comment

i'm in!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AOFoffice
                  I've never heard of an engine getting a boob job
                  Connie, that is another term for installing larger carbs. Since they do stick out the front
                  Sattler Racing R-15
                  350cc Pro Alcohol Hydro
                  TEAM VRP
                  The Original "Lunatic Fringe"

Spokane Appraiser

Comment

So than what is it called if you make the jets bigger??

Kristi Z-22

PRO Commissioner

APBA BOD

"Ask not what your racing organization can do for you...Ask what you can do for your racing organization"
                    Tomtall 06

Comment

Kristi,
                      I have the answer but I will email it to you. Can't put it in public print.
                      Connie

Comment

It was a GOOD answer too!!!

Kristi Z-22

PRO Commissioner

APBA BOD

"Ask not what your racing organization can do for you...Ask what you can do for your racing organization"
                        Tomtall 06

Comment

Working...
                        X