Spokane The BEST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spokane The BEST

I just made it home from Spokane (weather was horrible on trip home on I 90). I am a little tired, but have to give accolades to Kevin Martin and Mike Sattler. That was the BEST AOF meeting and banquet ever!
    We accomplished so much in our meeting. Everything was super organized and everyone was on the same page. That made the normally gruelling rules change battles merely little bickers that were easily settled. The outlook for 2006 is exciting.
    The banquet was out of this world. We had everything from great awards, a very entertaining PA person, lots of organization, great food (prime rib), good drinks (the mud slides were as good as Litzell's), good friends, (Nothwest Water Competition, SLORA, Long Island, NY, Florida, Penn, IA, MN, TX, and others were represented). and a good show with a professional CD produced just for us with a recap of the year and my kind of music. In addition, we danced the night away with a DJ who played a variety to spice up the night.
    The highlight was the $1500 we were able to contribute to the Wishing Star Foundation, an offshoot of Make a Wish. This proves that not only are boat racers fun, we are nice too.
    All I can say, is thankyou thank you thank you.
    AOF is in the best hands ever with guys like Mike and Kevin, Dave Loomis, Howard, Pickerell, Eric Petersen, Jay Roesner, Rod Black, Terry Payn, Dennis Westby, Chris Henning, John Pifer, Dick Duncan, Marshall Eldredge, Carl and Tony Staron,Tom Matteson, Albert and John Snell and all of our other Directors aboard.
    Connie

Connie

It does sound like you were lacking one major thing.....Curt in the latest "Raleigh Style" racing shoes!!

I wish Terri could have seen that!

Kristi

Kristi Z-22

PRO Commissioner

APBA BOD

"Ask not what your racing organization can do for you...Ask what you can do for your racing organization"
    Tomtall 06

Comment

Kristi,
      Did he coordinate his own outfit, or did he have help? Hope someone got a picture. Terry was ready to come in a como dress with matching purse. He couldn't let Curt outdo him.
      Connie

Comment

Picture this....Chris at Payless trying on womens size 12 flats!! Believe it or not this was all Richard's idea. He did have some Kugler help with hair bows and knee high stockings. I don't think we could ever get Ray to dress like that. We do have pictures...hopefully they will be in the next Promotion!

Kristi Z-22

PRO Commissioner

APBA BOD

"Ask not what your racing organization can do for you...Ask what you can do for your racing organization"
        Tomtall 06

Comment

Slora Banquet& Aof National Meeting

I would like to thank Mike Sattler,Jodi,Kevin Martin & Barry Lalonde for a 2005
          awards banquet that was to die for. Well thought out and very well planned, from the the DVD'S to the table settings. Ronda did a great job with the year end trophies, and the entire event went off without a moments trouble. The above mentioned people should be proud of a job well done!!!

It was also a real pleasure to finally meet Connie & Terry Payne. I think these people are truly for what is best for boat racing. The other clubs that were present sent a real great group of boat racers that showed what boat racing stands for not to mention they came from the other side of the good ole US of A. The year end awards form AOF where something to see. I think AOF will have a great 2006 season with the leadership of Rod Black and all of the other officers and directors. It was good to see so many people on the same page for the good of our sport. It was also very nice to see the entire crew form Northwest water competion join in for the awards and festivities. I can't really remember standing up in front of so many boat racers that all seemed to be looking in the same direction for the up coming season! In closing I would like to also thank Tony Staron for all of his help over the years and would hope that he will still be around for advice as needed. Again thanks too all!!!!

Terry Fiorelli

Comment

Size 12 flats could almost run AX on the back of those
            Destiny is a matter of chance,it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.

Comment

Thanks for all the compliments on the banquet and national meeting. We had a lot of fun planning the events and hope everyone enjoyed themselves. I'm glad we got so many people from different regions. It's always fun to meet new people. Looking forward to 2006.

Mike Sattler
              2006 AOF VP of Competition
              Sattler Racing R-15
              350cc Pro Alcohol Hydro
              TEAM VRP
              The Original "Lunatic Fringe"

Spokane Appraiser

Comment

Working...
              X