Aof Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aof Schedule

Traditionally, the AOF schedule comes after the APBA schedule. Let's be honest; most of our clubs are APBA first and AOF second. Who cares as long as we have races for us all to enjoy. (I want to add that some clubs, like State Line in WA/ID and Eastern Ouboard, for instance, that are strictly AOF are very successful, and we thank them very much for thier loyalty).
    In addition, AOF used to have a strong Florida/Lake Placid race venue in the winter. Tony and Carl Staron worked very hard to bring us many races at Lake Apthorpe in Lake Placid. It was a good era. Unfortunately, things change and due to county regulations, it is hard to get any test time or races on the lake that most of us used at our whim. Actually, Tony called me yesterday, and he is one step closer to bringing racing back to that lake. I personally hope so, because my family was one of the several boat racing families who bought property on that lake just to test. Until regulations change, it is just a peice of property and we get in trouble even starting a loud engine. We are working on the change back and hope to have something good to report within the year.
    So on to the schedule.
    Paul Hooten and Tom Cronk are promising some Florida races for AOF. The schedule is bieng worked out.
    Eastern Outboard will be having several races on traditional Long Island sites. As far as I know, Standish Maine is on the schedule and maybe a few moe in the Upper East.
    DePue is on the schedule, dates to be decided. Jesup, GA, dates to be decided.
    Pineville, LA and Beaumont, TX several times. AND our rock, The west, will have many TRIPLE SANCTIONED races which help the points situation.
    There are many more in the works, and dates should be coming.
    AOF is still a great bargain at $60 a race santion and only $200 a week end for insurance.
    Call if your club is intersted, or if you have a site. We are working on finding a traveling gypsy band who will travel the country putting races on in areas in which there are no clubs. Money wouldn't be good, but fun would be worth a million, if you are interested!
    Connie

Originally posted by AOFoffice
    In addition, AOF used to have a strong Florida/Lake Placid race venue in the winter. Tony and Carl Staron worked very hard to bring us many races at Lake Apthorpe in Lake Placid. It was a good era. Unfortunately, things change and due to county regulations, it is hard to get any test time or races on the lake that most of us used at our whim.
    Well gee ... with which County Commissioners have you spoke?

Do you have a specific state or county statute that is blocking us from using the lake? If so, give me the specifics and the name of the Commissioner or Commissioners blocking us from using the lake. There is always something that can be done.

I know the State Representative and State Senator for the county in which the lake is located and have contacts who have strong relationships with one or two of the Commissioners. Perhaps we can find and remove the stumbling block.
    Last edited by DougMc; 01-12-2005, 07:20 PM.

Comment

Stepping up

Doug, thank you so much for stepping up to the plate to help. If you can bring testing and racing back to Lake Placid you will be a hero to a lot of people. Although Tony is still laid up, he can take phone calls. Please call him at
      561-644-1200. I have your name in the database but not your phone number or email address. Could you send that to:
      executivedirectr@aofraces.com
      You will be working with Tom Dunn via Tony.
      The first few races may only be glorified test sessions, but at least we will be on the way to bringing back racing to the lake. Also, maybe we can help out us northerners who used to use he lake for testng before the winter nationals.
      Also, the number one problem we have to deal with is the sheriff who lives on the lake and works nights. Maybe you could get him a day job? He just doesn't appeciate any loud noisy boats while he is trying to sleep during the day. I guess I understand, but we can use any help we can get.
      Again, thank you and Tony is expecting your call.
      Conne

Comment

Do you have a specific state or county statute that is blocking us from using the lake?

Comment

I live in Lake Placid and just tested there last Sunday. 80 degrees, moderate ripple, consistant water for good runs. It's a public boat ramp with a fisherman or two now and then. Like anything else, it works if you don't abuse it.

Comment

no phone #

but as far as i know lake wales is a go
            paul

Comment

Working...
            X