Biggest Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biggest Problem

Thank you Kelly and Tony, And Tony, I sincerely hope you are on the road to recovery. This office gets a call or email daily asking about your health.

Deciding to come back was a big decision for me. I was RETIRED adn TIRED. However, your persistence paid off, because here I am.

After moving the office back to Center Point, bringing neglected databases, forms, paperwork, etc up to date, and finally looking at our overall picture I found that the biggest problem with AOF is too much money in our treasury. In spite of what some people have said on the internet, AOF is very healthy, too healthy. Our incorporation is for a non profit racing organization that was established for the purpose of promoting motor boat racing and it's safety. Unfortunately, our large treasury is a problem for compliance with the incorporation. I am in the process of contacting several clubs who would want to help us dwindle our treasury. If you are a club that needs help with races, promotion, etc. please call me at 319-849-9224 or email me at:
    executivedirector@aofraces.com
    Give me a proposal and we will see what we can do. The AOF Racing Commission is a very open minded and forward thinking group of officers and directors. I am sure we can help.
    I hope to talk to you soon on the subject.
    Connie

Good Problem to Have

Sounds like a good problem to have!! Maybe we can use some of the money to help promote the regional and national events through expansive advertising,special event tee shirts and maybe entisments by offering product give-aways with registrations, tow money and/or prize money. By the way, congradulations on your appointment..... you go girl!!!!!

Tom Matteson
    AOF Commissioner for Idaho
    Stateline Outboard Racing Assoc.

Comment

good ideas!

Tom,
      Thank you for your suggestions. You are one of the reasons AOF is so great; forward thinking! I talked to Dennis Westby last night and it sounds like your group will be bringing even MORE racing to your area. I wish I lived out there. It is nice to have equipment that can be used every week end instead of a few times a year. (and you are driving less than 100 miles for each and every race!).
      Your suggestions are written down. In fact, I will be sending a questioaire to all of the AOF Racing Commission on their suggestions on how to use the money.
      I have offered some of the PR money I am allocated yearly to several clubs that I felt could use some help in promoting races. I have had some good responses, however, I have had some who are not responding at all. It amazes me that we can't "give" a race away in certain areas. Names get in the way, I guess. I can't see how this helps our sport. In fact, I wish I had a dollar for every racer who has no idea who the sanctioning body is of the race they are attending. Racers just want to race. How they do it is up to their club, not the necessarily up to the sanctioning body.
      Connie

Comment

Tony, get well and hope to see you out here soon.

Connie, Glad you came out of retirement to help AOF again. You have been missed by many.

Glad to hear AOF is so strong, and so many new people are involved for the 2005 race season. Fresh people, fresh ideas, should equal a great year for AOF in 2005.

Mike Sattler
        Sattler Racing R-15
        350cc Pro Alcohol Hydro
        TEAM VRP
        The Original "Lunatic Fringe"

Spokane Appraiser

Comment

Working...
        X