Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 AOF Races

Per a telephone conversation with Carl Staron;

AOF is alive and back in Florida under the control of Carl Staron! Carl is once again back in control of the organization, he has obtained the insurance policies needed and is actively promoting races.

Currently 2 races are scheduled in Pineville, LA as 3 more are in another LA location (I'm unsure of the city name)

Florida AOF is also planning a race for Jan 2012 and Feb 2012.

Stay tuned for actual dates and updates...
    444-B now 4-F
    Avatar photo credit - F. Pierce Williams

Couple questions:
    What is the 'insurance' tab for an AOF race?
    Is there a 'hard copy' of a rulebook that I can have/pay for?
    Is the Tohatsu M50 a legal engine? And if so, for what classes?
    Thanks & good luck this year.
    Alex

Comment

Lots of activity throughout the states in AOF and we are in competition with no one. New race sites last year in Bogalusa, LA and new one next year in Mississippi.
      Ram, to answer, Yes to all you asked. Give me a call at 863-699-9701. Leave message, I will return call if I don't answer right away.
      We will get you a rulebook. Your engine is legal. And a week end of racing, sanction and insurance is approximately $300.
      We do not have medical insurance. (Who wants someone else handling and carrying somthing that important anyway?). What we have to offer is spectator liability and it gets us on the water for a show inexpensively. Save your money and promote your own races. AOF is non profit and our insurance is grandfathered in as such. Same insurance (A +) for over 25 years. Had one claim and it was paid right away.
      Also you may be interested in the fact that the Long Island Club is an AOF club and since I just got off the phone with Howard Pickerell it looks like there will be extra AOF racing there this summer.
      Carl Staron AOF Executive Director North, South, East, and some West

Comment

Originally posted by Howie Nichols View Post
        Per a telephone conversation with Carl Staron;

AOF is alive and back in Florida under the control of Carl Staron! Carl is once again back in control of the organization, he has obtained the insurance policies needed and is actively promoting races.

Currently 2 races are scheduled in Pineville, LA as 3 more are in another LA location (I'm unsure of the city name)

Florida AOF is also planning a race for Jan 2012 and Feb 2012.

Stay tuned for actual dates and updates...
        5 races in Louisiana??? I'm going to have to drag out my 44 (and hope a few more show up!).

OMC FE/SE powerhead parts for sale. Kurcz ported block, Mod 50 pistons and cylinder head, exhaust, etc.

Comment

David, you been missing the boat. (pun intended). We had 3 races in Louisiana just last year. (2011). Two in Pineville and one in Bogalusa.
          Old Lake Fort buhlow is really going to town. Adding 100 camping spots. And, since AOF has been racing there at least once a year for the last 40 years, and they have researched our insurance, we are the go to organization for the races there. They'd have us every week if we could. So nice to race there. They even pay for the ambulance.
          Carl Staron

Comment

Working...
          X