Ione, WA 2011 - Change Options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ione, WA 2011 - Change Options

Just to inform folks that Our race at Ione is not looking good.

Quote from Ron's Email:
    The Pend O'Reille county Sheriff's dept. called me back late yesterday and I quote:
    "The river needs to drop 5 1/2 ft. before we lift the no wake restriction and with the warmer temperatures it is sure to rise again before reaching the safe zone"
    That being said I have postponed the Ione race 1 week 'til July 9,10 which the Sgt. said was possible but not probable. I will contact him on Friday July 1 and make the decision on that date.

Please respond to Ron's email, if you haven't already.

Our options per Ron:
    With Ione probably being cancelled and Newport in jeopardy, Our options are Not racing in July and keeping our fingers crossed for the Aug. 7,8 date OR trying to go back to Elk River one of two weekends Jul. 16,17 or 23,24. I know that our race chairman cannot make the 16,17 date. I need to know what you as a group wants to do. PLEASE RESPOND!!!!
    No alternatives NO RACE OR ELK RIVER THOSE ARE YOUR OPTIONS.

We need to let Ron know what we're thinking. Thanks again for helping out.
    Blue Thunder 55U - Sharky 97R
    sigpic

Ione, WA Race - CANCELLED

Per Ron:
    I spoke with the Pend O'Reille County Sheriff yesterday, and he said the river in Ione was starting to rise again. The history of the river would take 40 days to drop 2 1/2 ft. and it needs to drop 5 ft. before they lift the no wake restriction. If you can't do the math in your head that should put us in late Aug. early Sept.
    So with that information I have no choice but to cancel Ione at this time.
    I REPEAT IONE IS CANCELLED!!!
    I have run into a small snag with Idaho fish and game on the elk river permit but will try to get them to okay my request as soon as possible. I will keep you informed.
    Keep in mind that Newport is on the same river as Ione so there are no guarantees on that race at this time.
    Blue Thunder 55U - Sharky 97R
    sigpic

Comment

Working...
    X