Elk river , idaho......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elk river , idaho......

May 27,28,29...one of my favorite race sites out there!!!!! We're only 2 weeks away. S.l.o.r.a. And aof will be hosting yet another elk river regatta, memorial day weekend. I hear the mod classes hope to have some numbers this year, would love to see a couple more "pro" boats down there as well!!! Cross your fingers that mother nature will play fair this year i did speak to some locals this week, snow has cleared at the lake, but you dont have to go very far to find it, still 10 feet at the butte, ( which for those of us with four wheelers, it not such a bad thing ). See you all there, woop woop kevin martin

I bet the water is going to be on the cool side. You going to start out with a refreshing swim this year?? We will be there with something if the bridges are not washed out. Have not checked to see if the D Mod will fit in the trailer yet!
    Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

Last count, I know of 5 D-mod boats (including Mike's) headed to Elk River. Should be fun to watch. It's been a long time since we've seen that many there. Not sure about the SE's though. They may be MIA!

And oh yeah! Can't wait to see the FULL Novice class again this year!
      Dave Loomis
      AOF Secretary

Comment

Originally posted by Constructor12 View Post
        Last count, I know of 5 D-mod boats (including Mike's) headed to Ell River. Should be fun to watch. It's been a long time since we've seen that meny there. Not sure about the SE's though. They may be MIA!

And oh yeah! Can't wait to see the FULL Novice class again this year!
        Sunday we did a barbaque and fit check of the D mod. We had a whole three inches to spare.. No sweat. Now we are working on a different tow rig and then we will be ready to go... Hope the weather is nicer than last year. I know for a fact after talking to Jimmy last night we will have 5 true D Mods. That second turn is going to be tight for sure!

Its going to be fun. Anyone else want to join??

Comment

Also Elk River has the best Huckleberry pies and don't forget the Goldfish racing at the bar.

Comment

All loaded and ready to go. This weekend we load the new tow vehicle so I had to get the trailer done. Also added a power tongue jack and wired in the lights to the interior finally.

I did get another confirmation that we will have 5 true D Mods. The valley will roar in two weekends. Now if the weather.............
            Attached Files

Comment

Mike;

You have taken loading a trailer to a new level ! Hope you have a good time (Good weather too !). I am still hoping to get one trip over to your side of the hill this year !

John B.

Comment

goldfish raccccccccccccccg???
                smelt farmer
                how many classes, with or without pipes????????

Comment

Originally posted by smelt farmer View Post
                  goldfish raccccccccccccccg???
                  smelt farmer
                  how many classes, with or without pipes????????
                  We run novice, Y-80, CSH, DSH, D mod. C mod, SEH and three classes of Flatbottom depending on the race site. And If someone shows up with anything else we make sure they get to run. The pipe classes are the ones the spectators want to see.

We usually run the stock classes in the morning and the mod classes all afternoon saving the biggest classes for last to keep the crowds around.

Comment

We just finished doing a slight upgrade in the tow vehicle and we are hitched and ready to go. Just need to add some foul weather gear and food. This is going to be fun.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Style !!

Looks like a sweet deal !! That is going to make it a lot easier with your son !! Like a rolling house !!
                      Dave Mason
                      Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Originally posted by Dave M View Post
                        Looks like a sweet deal !! That is going to make it a lot easier with your son !! Like a rolling house !!
                        It will be a lot easier to deal with him going down the road and now his legs won't turn blue with his bad circulation since he can laydown.

We decided that since the government can be in debt up to there yingyang why not try it.

I will be interested to find out how it pulls hills with a load. It was great empty. Going to the scales to see how much the palace weighs loaded. Boat trailer all loaded is 6300lbs. It has a 365HP V10 ford motor. It will be hard trying to stay away from the diesel pump!

Comment

Gpn

I think pulling your trailer you can rate it by GPM rather than MPG !!! (Gallons per minute). You might become much more familiar with the "gas" pumps than you ever were ! hehehe.

Never the less, it would be nice to see some form of Govt. assistance to help pay for it. They waste dollars everywhere, why not spend it in some of the right places for the handicap. That will improve the quality of a trip for him without a doubt. You can go farther and he can see more. Priceless if you ask me.
                          Dave Mason
                          Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Originally posted by Dave M View Post
                            I think pulling your trailer you can rate it by GPM rather than MPG !!! (Gallons per minute). You might become much more familiar with the "gas" pumps than you ever were ! hehehe.

Never the less, it would be nice to see some form of Govt. assistance to help pay for it. They waste dollars everywhere, why not spend it in some of the right places for the handicap. That will improve the quality of a trip for him without a doubt. You can go farther and he can see more. Priceless if you ask me.

Will definately make life easier for us and gives us a bigger range for a trip. The tank is 75 gallons ( Ouch ) and the rig weighs under 20,000 lbs plus trailer. It will be hard to see what the milage will be since the generator uses the same fuel but we knew going in that this was not going to get 30MPG . But per 100 miles we figure we will save $25 over the two diesel rigs if we get get 8 MPG!

As for gov assistance I don't think that will happen in our life time. To much debt but we can claim the sucker as a second home.

Comment

Working...
                            X