Pineville, LA Cancelled (Oct 8-10) AOF Original

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pineville, LA Cancelled (Oct 8-10) AOF Original

The Eastern AOF, or the original AOF, not Western, had a race and a meeting planned for October 8-10 in Pineville, LA.
    Per Carl Staron (Eastern Executive Director) who asked me to post this, the race has been unexpectedly canceled. Apparantly today someone at the lake found a species of plant that is endangered and all racing is on hold until further study.
    Hopefully this is only a postponement to a later date in Pineville, but the meeting planned will most likely now take place at the race in Lake Placid, FL in November or at a New York site. You can contact Russ Waterson via email who can get back to you per Carl. Or you can call Carl. Billy Kropog of Pineville, or John Mathews may also have more up to date information.
    All concerned are upset this is such a last minute call, but it is out of their hands. Everyone at AOF East (or original_ apologizes for any inconvenience and we all hope racing returns to Pineville soon.
    PS. I apologize if this notice appears twice. I posted to latest news but it hasn't been posted yet and since this is so important and such late notice, I am posting here.
    Thanks

Water Quality

I hope the "officials" understand that boat racing improves the water quality by mixing a tremendous quantity of air on with the water!!
    David Weaver

Comment

Originally posted by David Weaver View Post
      I hope the "officials" understand that boat racing improves the water quality by mixing a tremendous quantity of air on with the water!!
      I sure wish we had a copy of Robby's study and test results concerning the benefits of aireation and how the boats actually help.

sigpic
      SIBLING RIVALRY RACING TEAM

Comment

It is Tuesday. Just bumping so no one starts packing for this race.

Comment

Unfortunately, no packing of racing equipment. Stay home and drink beer.

Comment

Some interesting posts on the subject over at Boat Racing Facts. I guess we have to have a laugh over the deal. Nothing else to do.

Comment

Just got off the phone with Carl Staron. The species of plant found in the lake was determined to be a "nuisance hitch-hiker" species that is not wanted in Pineville. It apparently hitch-hiked there on someones fishing boat trailer. The weed will be removed in the near future.

The 2011 racing at Pineville is NOT in jeopardy and the people of Pineville want the racers there and look forward to the races returning in 2011.

The Original AOF is already working hard to put a 2011 program together.

Connie or I will update as more information comes available about the 2011 races.

sigpic
              SIBLING RIVALRY RACING TEAM

Comment

Working...
              X