Slora, circa 1978

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slora, circa 1978

Here is the entire stateline outboard racing association group on the beach at open skies, just north of newport, wa/ oldtown, id. This photo im told was taken in 1978, my first year as a driver at age 12. A future unlimited driver, and a bunch super fast west coast stock and pro guys. And of course sloras first full time female driver kathleen haskett. Kevin
    Attached Files

Nothing has changed over the years. Everybody is laughing and having fun still to this very day. Also we have a few more females now!
    Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

tommy pringle 1000cc BUTTS AEROWING!!!!!!
      Attached Files

Comment

kathleen haskett, lawrence lake, wa. BUTTS as well e mod
        Attached Files

Comment

I see "B.A." in there. Got more pics? I like the new Karelsen next to the E Mod. Looks like Ray Halliday's RC500 Yamato Boat.

J-Dub

Comment

Just think this picture was taken 3 yrs before I was born!
            April- Just another Montana Racer.

Comment

Slora, circa 1978

Hi Kevin,
              WOW, that brings back memories. I was a member and a past board of director of SLORA back in the 70s. Are you related to Pat Martin? This looks like Saturday night. It cannot be Sunday because everybody is dry, clean, and the boats look like they are coming off. After the races on Sunday, everybody beat feet home. I know a few of the people in the picture. Not all the members are there, including myself. The reason for this is I was in High School and didn't camp out on Saturday nights (parents). The person that stands out for me was Ed Lamb (70+). He is in the green on the left just left of George Haskett. He raced in Seattle area back in the early days. He was missing his right hand. Used to free had paint a lot of hydros. I will have to study this and try to figure out who else is in the pictures.
              Funny, now I am helping my son build a hydro and he is talking about racing. Have many more pictures?
              Williams Racing Team

Comment

i am pat martin's son, i started racing with slora in 78 in c stock. what is your name? looking at the photo, look for tom hindley, brent harnack, tommy, ronnie and randy pringle, roy heagy, bill richards, bobby richards, wayne (skinny) dickson, bob cummings, larry seagul, lynn bruce, rod reed, larry frick, jim rae, rusty mitchum,darrell rupnow, one of the rae brothers, i believe that is me in the red hat upper right, drawing some blanks, long time ago!!!

j dub hey there, these photos came to me by way of george haskett i will ask for more, and see what i can do to get them on here. apparently the karelsen you spoke of is jim allen's six cyl looper. thats brent harnack and bill dahl firing him off.

Comment

dennis westby is there on the far left as well.

Comment

Its Teddy Rea... He ran 20SS in those days.

Comment

Some things sure have changed. If you look around now you will see 30' enclosed trailers and big campers not hydros stapped to the top of conversion vans. but you're right Mike everyone sure looks happy to be there. Thanks Kevin for the blast to the past
                      Ron Baker E-Mod Hydro R-38
                      sigpic

Comment

Kathleen Haskett leads perennial B-Stock class champion Lynn Bruce across the starting line. Lynn was one of the finest drivers of the era. Came prepared to win and did just that. He went on to again be class champion while Kathleen won Rookie of the Year
                        Attached Files

Comment

Wayne Dickson B-Mod 1977
                          Attached Files

Comment

Larry Seigel B-Stock 1977
                            Attached Files

Comment

Kathleen Haskett after her first heat ever in boat racing. Umatilla, Oregon 1977. Nearly blew over in B-Stock coming out of the first turn...never cracked the throttle.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X