Setting the record straight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jack Stotts View Post
    On the subject of critters, two years ago at a late season race at Pineville, all morning long as the racers were setting up and a few children were playing in the shallow water an approximate 6 foot gator was basking about 25 yards off the beach. Just watching us. Well, I was in the first heat and when the motors started the gator dove but we had no idea where he went. On the last lap in the second turn my breaker point cam split and I had a sudden loss of power and rudder authority. The boat spun and I flew out landing, what I thought, was tooooo close to the gators basking point. I had no trouble climbing into the rescue boat.

I always tell Northerners that we, in Texas, have never had someone come back and say they were attacked by an alligator. Think on that for a minute.
    AFTER 3.2 SECONDS how many people that get attacked by one of those prehistoric reptilian eating machines actually have anything to say afterwards?LOL

"The Coffee Guy"
    TEAM CAFFEINE
    Cranked up and ready to Roll

Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles. It empties today of its strengths (Corrie ten Boom)

"Cup of Joe? Not no mo! Kevs Coffee is the only way to go!" (John Runne 09)
    " IF you can find a better cup of coffee... Kev will drink it!" (Michael Mackey 08)

Comment

Amos Moses

Yeah, I hear that some of those ol Cajun Boys growing up, their Daddy would
      use them for Alligator bait. Tie a rope around their leg and throw em in the swamp... Then pull em out just in time.
      Now THAT's growing up Bayou.

Comment

Heck and here i thought growing up working on a farm was dangerous

"The Coffee Guy"
        TEAM CAFFEINE
        Cranked up and ready to Roll

Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles. It empties today of its strengths (Corrie ten Boom)

"Cup of Joe? Not no mo! Kevs Coffee is the only way to go!" (John Runne 09)
        " IF you can find a better cup of coffee... Kev will drink it!" (Michael Mackey 08)

Comment

Originally posted by mdaspit View Post
          Yeah, I hear that some of those ol Cajun Boys growing up, their Daddy would
          use them for Alligator bait. Tie a rope around their leg and throw em in the swamp... Then pull em out just in time.
          Now THAT's growing up Bayou.
          That would be Amos Moses!!

Comment

Originally posted by Popa Sam View Post
            That would be Amos Moses!!
            Exactly!
            Grew up about 35 minutes South East of Tippytoe Louisianna.
            I think he ran E Mod didn't he?

Comment

Yep I have heard of him.
              E Mod laydown I think with foot controls. And he'd just use one hand
              That's all he got left cause an alligator bit it
              Left arm gone clear up to the elbow!

Welcome to hydroracer, we hope you enjoy your visit.

Comment

[QUOTE=Mrs blueskyracer;146296]Mark

But I understood at the Moses Lake National Meeting that the NEW executive director should be contacting the Texas group and was authorized to even make a trip to visit to help get stuff started. That is why he is the NEW executive director. My assumption would be that won't happen until after the holiday season.

Yes, those boys down there are tough. They git er done alright. That is what puzzles me about the quoted statement. Why would AOF spend $3000 for Rick (very nice man), to go to Texas to show them how to put on an AOF race? Let's see, Rick has been involved in AOF maybe 8 years. Texans have been putting on AOF races for 38 years. AOF already spent $3000 to send Charlie to Louisiana to tell them how to run a race, and he about did get fed to the gators. Wouldn't that money be better spent in paying dues of racers who are on the fence? It would buy you a lot of members at the price of sending Rick to Texas. Maybe even pay for a race or two to get the seed started. I'm telling you that if Rick comes to Texas as Charlie came to Pineville, there is going to be some very happy gators.

Comment

Wow

AOF died several years ago. What it is now is not the AOF I grew up around.

And for the record, yes Dad received a ballot. No he did not send it in. Until AOF returns to what it was when it was founded Dad probaly won't vote. I probably would not either.

I can tell you one thing, If what happened to Howie happened to me, I might not be so cival. That is plain wrong and should not happen in any organization, PERIOD. If it is not fixed, I would suggest the Flordia crew have a talk with another organization that can put on races, and you don't have all those politics. All you have to do is become a sanctioning club. AOF better be happy Howie is being rather cival about it.

It sounds to me that there is a small group that controls AOF and wants to keep it that way. Fine, let them have it. All of us know what we did back in the day, and what it represented. I am proud of racing in the AOF back in the day. I would be afraid to join today.
                  Dave Mason
                  Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Dave's Right

" If it is not fixed, I would suggest the Flordia crew have a talk with another organization that can put on races, and you don't have all those politics. All you have to do is become a sanctioning club. "

Yep, Dave is right. There are a couple, just a phone call away.

Dan
                    O-49

Comment

Can I ask two simple questions and get two straight answers?

1) What is the state that AOF is incorporated in?

2) Where is a copy of the AOF By-Laws?

FYI: question about getting a straight answer is a rhetorical one and no answer is necessary.
                      14-H

"That is NOT why people hate me." - 14-H.

Comment

Highlands Outboard is waiting out replies and outcome of a few things first. We definately have a few options to look at and have researched some of them already. Stay tuned for the outcome....
                        444-B now 4-F
                        Avatar photo credit - F. Pierce Williams

Comment

Originally posted by 14-H View Post
                          Can I ask two simple questions and get two straight answers?

1) What is the state that AOF is incorporated in?

2) Where is a copy of the AOF By-Laws?

FYI: question about getting a straight answer is a rhetorical one and no answer is necessary.
                          Incorporated in the State of Oklahoma
                          I have a copy of incorporation as does Rick Morris (Founding Father), who is an attorney, and says his office is ten feet from door of the incorporation office. tidbit)
                          I understand that a copy was just sent from the Oklahoma Office of Corporatons to the Spokane,WA area by request. Rumor has it that the Spokane group is trying to change the state of incorporation. Not sure how easy that is?
                          Also, incorporated Non-Profit.
                          And yes, Dave,you are correct. For all practical NATIONAL purposes I agree with you.
                          Howie is helping Carl with some very important decisions concerning boat racing in Florida. I believe that whatever is decided, they are taking the best interest of their area into consideration. A tough decision, but they are smart people who can figure it out.
                          It is too bad that common sense isn't in everyone.
                          Last edited by YankeeRacing; 12-02-2009, 05:58 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X