Moses Lake AOF OFF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moses Lake AOF OFF

It deeply saddens me to hear that the AOF sanction for Moses Lake, Sept 25-26 for records has been forced off. I know how hard the racers worked on this. I just found out today, and in doing the calling I heard several reasons;
    1. Roy Mackey said NO
    2. Officers of NBRA said NO (Joe Schultz and Art Kampen)
    3. The Commissioners of NBRA voted not to cooperate
    .........and one rumor that is COMPLETELY FALSE:
    4. AOF called it off.
    Not true. AOF cooperated compeletly. We gave in to everything including using the same insurance. NBRA was to recieve all proceeds, and AOF would pay for our part of the sanctions separately. I have emailed several officres of NBRA but as of yet have not found out the truth as to the cancellation.
    The race is in an area that is fragmented by too many racing organizatiions. This was a way that AOF could show that we were trying to remedy the problem. Anyone who knows me absolutely knows that I am for whatever is best for boat racing, and it does not matter what organization it is. I am an active member of APBA, President of AOF, and ran for president of NBRA. It has to be about our sport. Egos need to be left at home. My biggest regret is that all the hard work that so many racers did was in vain and a waste of time. I personally thank each and every one of you and wish it could be made up to you in some way. I am truly sorry.
    Tony Staron
    Rod Black
    AOF Officers

you know tony they can't hide this time!!! we know who did, and did not cooperate to make this deal come through. thanks for having the guts to front those responsible for this mess!!! i have many times been ridiculed for doing just that ,thanks for taking the heat this time, northwesterners WAKE UP, these folks no matter what they tell, have not once shown, that they're willing to put all boat racers on the water together!!! my applause to tony ,rod, and the folks who started this process months ago, the kellers and terry , for hosting the meetings with great intentions. through all of this our small club here slora, and region 10 have actually had a great year, and one of the most fun in years. i've been fortunate to see some folks i never thought i'd get on the water with again, really warmed me up!!!! it's happening naturally, the outboarders are migrating back to their roots, and where the action is, what are the rest of you waiting for, come on over, aof, apba or wildcat it doesn't matter just come have some fun with clubs run by boat racers for boat racers!!! we'll be here when you're ready kevin martin

Comment

Are we all forgetting why we started Boat racing?

I think I can speak for all racers when I state that we started racing for fun!!
      We don't bring home large amounts of money Sunday night after the races. We race for the competion and the friends and family that it brings together. I think this Moses lake race is a perfect example of what most of us don't stand for, and that is people out to make money on the hobbie sport of boat racing. Yes, it is alot of work to put on a race and its just like any other sport that I have been involved with, a handful seem to do it all. The Stateline club has been a breath of fresh air to alot of people this year, We have shown that despite some hard times at the first of the season, if you pull together as a team and work hard for a cause just how sucessful you really can be and have a hell of alot of fun at the same time. Tony has a thought that always sticks in my head. What can we do for what ever is best for boat racing. I have held bad feelings in the past for our club across town and finally with the help of my cousins figured out that this is not the answer to our problems. And after having the drivers all together in the same building under the same roof, you know they too are a great people and it really is too bad that I never seen any of them this year. In closing, all I can say is Driver's its your future, without you there are no clubs period. I truly hope this all can be worked out, as I would hope that we are all working for the same cause. I invite all of you to race where ever you wish despite the heading on the entry form AOF APBA NBRA etc.

Terry Fiorelli
      Last edited by Holeshot Racing; 09-08-2004, 12:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Holeshot Racing
        I think I can speak for all racers when I state that we started racing for fun!!
        We don't bring home large amounts of money Sunday night after the races. We race for the competion and the freinds and family that it brings together. I think this Moses lake race is a perfect example of what most of us don't stand for, and that is people out to make money on the hobbie sport of boat racing. Yes, it is alot of work to put on a race and its just like any other sport that I have been involved with, a handful seem to do it all. The Stateline club has been a breath of fresh air to alot of people this year, We have shown that despite some hard times at the first of the season, if you pull together as a team and work hard for a cause just how sucessful you really can be and have a hell of alot of fun at the same time. Tony has a thought that always sticks in my head. What can we do for what ever is best for boat racing. I have held bad feelings in the past for our club across town and finally with the help of my cousins figured out that this is not the answer to our problems. And after having the drivers all together in the same building under the same roof, you know they too are a great people and it really is too bad that I never seen any of them this year. In closing, all I can say is Driver's its your future, without you there are no clubs period. I truly hope this all can be worked out, as I would hope that we are all working for the same cause. I invite all of you to race where ever you wish despite the heading on the entry form AOF APBA NBRA etc.
        Well Said!
        Sattler Racing R-15
        350cc Pro Alcohol Hydro
        TEAM VRP
        The Original "Lunatic Fringe"

Spokane Appraiser

Comment

I dont imagine I will get a big welcome here, but as a former hydro racer from wayyyy back (1971), some of you may let me state what I know, for what ever it's worth. I am now a Nostalgic Inboard racer. I do not understand this AOF-NBRA conflict, but I am told it has a rather substantial foundation. Here's how I see this. NWC and NBRA, ALSO worked to make this happen with much imput from local racers, I know this for a fact! What seemed like a simple solution and a valiant effort from both clubs crashed due to cir***stances beyond NWC's control. This is also a fact.
          I personally wish the outcome was positive and friends could race each other once again. Quite possibly everyones efforts were not enough or just a little too late..... Even in my position, I dont think I will ever discover the real reason for this dissappointment. But one things for sure, there will be a Moses Lake Record Regatta on Sept 24,25,26 of 2004, and the only thing I will agree with Mr.Tony Staron is that Moses is a beautiful site to run and set records on!
          Try to enjoy the rest of our wonderful year with safe family boat racing, where ever you choose to run. the JeRk

Incidently, I tried to edit the misspelled word: cir***stance and it put the stars there again......What's the deal?
          Last edited by circlejerk; 09-08-2004, 08:23 AM.

Comment

Somewhere else to race

Too bad this had to happen. I was going to send our CSR over to Moses with J Michael to run, but I don't think so now. Not that I think either side is right or wrong, I just don't want to get sucked into this political quagmire.

Instead, maybe we'll go to THE BEST SHORT COURSE LAKE in the state of Washington: Heart Lake, near Anacortes. Stock guys, Whidbey Island Roostertails will be racing up there. A great little independent club that holds a number of races, and seems to be able to coexist successfully with SOA and all the other clubs in the northwest. Man, they must be doing SOMETHING right!

Heart Lake, Sept. 25-26: Be there!

R-19
            www.gleasonracing.com

"No, THAT is why people hate him."

Comment

Originally posted by circlejerk
              I dont imagine I will get a big welcome here, but as a former hydro racer from wayyyy back (1971), some of you may let me state what I know, for what ever it's worth. I am now a Nostalgic Inboard racer. I do not understand this AOF-NBRA conflict, but I am told it has a rather substantial foundation. Here's how I see this. NWC and NBRA, ALSO worked to make this happen with much imput from local racers, I know this for a fact! What seemed like a simple solution and a valiant effort from both clubs crashed due to cir***stances beyond NWC's control. This is also a fact.
              I personally wish the outcome was positive and friends could race each other once again. Quite possibly everyones efforts were not enough or just a little too late..... Even in my position, I dont think I will ever discover the real reason for this dissappointment. But one things for sure, there will be a Moses Lake Record Regatta on Sept 24,25,26 of 2004, and the only thing I will agree with Mr.Tony Staron is that Moses is a beautiful site to run and set records on!
              Try to enjoy the rest of our wonderful year with safe family boat racing, where ever you choose to run. the JeRk

Incidently, I tried to edit the misspelled word: cir***stance and it put the stars there again......What's the deal?
              Jerk,

No need to be bashing Tony when you don't know him, or know what he is about. Because obviously you don't.

How are you going to run your Nostalgic Inboard Boat at an NBRA Outboard Record Regatta? Let me guess Special Event?

So if NBRA doesn't recognize Pro and Inboard classes/nor want anything to do with them, why do they allow NWC to run these classes, but they won't allow a club to run a double sanction race with AOF????

Anyone from NBRA care to comment on this, or are you going to hide behind your keyboard......

Mike Sattler
              Sattler Racing R-15
              350cc Pro Alcohol Hydro
              TEAM VRP

Spokane Appraiser

Comment

If by disagreeing with Tony, or whoever it was who posted, is bashing, in your opinion, I think you are wrong. If you re-read my statement as everyone here has, one might interpret this differently than you. The fact is, I simply disagreed with PRAOFs reasons for the cancellation, not to mention how unprofessional the post was. Now, you can call me out through different channels if you so desire. I will continue to promote all boat racing to the best of my limited ability. Dont you think this dialogue is very counter productive for the sport? If you cant see my point of view, I am dreadfully sorry but you also have the right to dissagree. That's just one JeRks opinion, so dont get your feathers ruffled, and I will do the same. Hope to see you and your 350 racing into the future!

Comment

Mr. Jerk

We All Live In The Same Town Would You Mind Signing Your Real Name So We Know Who We're Dealing With? I Think We All Have Good Intentions, It's Just Who Wants To Control Things, Is Where We're Missing The Boat I Believe!! I Think You Also Know That Not Only Mike But Any Of Us 350 Guys Or Any Pro Guys Can't Run With You Folks. This Makes It Real Difficult To See You As Far As Running With You Into The Future. I Think This Winter, Would Be A Great Time To Sit Down Hammer Things Out, Afterall We The Drivers Need To Take Back Control Of What Our Clubs Do For Us!!! Lets Try Kevin

Comment

If by disagreeing with Tony, or whoever it was who posted, is bashing, in your opinion, I think you are wrong. If you re-read my statement as everyone here has, one might interpret this differently than you. The fact is, I simply disagreed with PRAOFs reasons for the cancellation, not to mention how unprofessional the post was. Now, you can call me out through different channels if you so desire. I will continue to promote all boat racing to the best of my limited ability. Dont you think this dialogue is very counter productive for the sport? If you cant see my point of view, I am dreadfully sorry but you also have the right to dissagree. That's just one JeRks opinion, so dont get your feathers ruffled, and I will do the same. Hope to see you and your 350 racing into the future!
                    Jerk,

I totally agree that this dialogue is not productive for boat racing, and this is not necessarily the right place for this topic. However, I have made several attempts to contact members of the host club Northwest Water Competition, and also NBRA. I also asked above, hoping someone would answer who, what, when and why. I have also sent private email's and have not got a response.

However, I can get a hold of Tony Staron, Rod Black, etc, the AOF powers to be, and/or they return my calls, emails, etc promptly. Just makes a guy wonder which club is truly helping promote boat racing.

There are allot of people that are just trying to figure out what is going on. I will be the first one to admit, that I can be very BullHeaded and that I stand up for what I know is true. That is why I get so upset about rumors flying around saying AOF cancelled this race, when in fact I know that is not true. In fact, two different people from the host club told me two different scenarios of what happended and who cancelled it. So maybe I should ask the host club. Do you in fact know exactly what happened? Or know who is truly in charge of your club? And WHO makes the final decisions?

Mike
                    Sattler Racing R-15
                    350cc Pro Alcohol Hydro
                    TEAM VRP

Spokane Appraiser

Comment

NBRA Officers

Mike, I am sure no officers from NBRA are avoiding you and your e-mails and calls. My Dad, Art Kampen is out of town on vacation and has been since Monday. I am sure if he was in town he would answer your e-mails or questions. Next time get your facts straight before posting the wrong info about people you don't even know. If you have any more questions I can answer please e-mail me off of the list and I will respond.
                      Keith Kampen

Comment

Originally posted by kampenracing
                        Mike, I am sure no officers from NBRA are avoiding you and your e-mails and calls. My Dad, Art Kampen is out of town on vacation and has been since Monday. I am sure if he was in town he would answer your e-mails or questions. Next time get your facts straight before posting the wrong info about people you don't even know. If you have any more questions I can answer please e-mail me off of the list and I will respond.
                        Keith, I was not pointing any fingers towards anyone. Just looking for some answers. I have always had good conversations with your dad and look foward to speaking with him when he returns.
                        Mike
                        Sattler Racing R-15
                        350cc Pro Alcohol Hydro
                        TEAM VRP

Spokane Appraiser

Comment

Originally posted by propwash
                          Afterall We The Drivers Need To Take Back Control Of What Our Clubs Do For Us!!! Lets Try Kevin
                          Are you serious? Need I suggest you try this with APBA? Take back control.......?.......Get real Kevin. You should learn to appreciate AOF and NBRA and the freedom of choice! Now go have a nice day!

Comment

Originally posted by pro350hydro
                            Jerk,

I totally agree that this dialogue is not productive for boat racing, and this is not necessarily the right place for this topic.

Mike

Great, we agree...... Goodnight and enough said. Keep the shiney side up this weekend.....it has a calming healthy effect!

Comment

Are you serious? Need I suggest you try this with APBA? Take back control.......?.......Get real Kevin. You should learn to appreciate AOF and NBRA and the freedom of choice! Now go have a nice day!

Jerk,

Since you are an Inboard racer, why don't you find an Inboard Internet group to bash with and leave us Outboard guys alone. We don't need your negative comments around here. Obviously you can't answer my questions above, otherwise you would have done so to set the record straight with everyone. Pretty sad when it's about your own club. Aren't you a board member in that club as well???

Mike
                              Sattler Racing R-15
                              350cc Pro Alcohol Hydro
                              TEAM VRP

Spokane Appraiser

Comment

Working...
                              X