• Show
Clear All

• Rick Keller for AOF Executive Director

Richard A. Keller

6821 E. 10th

Spokane, WA 99212

509-993-0145

To whom it may concern,

I am seeking the position of Executive Director of AOF for the 2009/2010 race season.

I started boat racing in 1968 with State Line Outboard Racing Association. I have served as Vice Commodore and I am currently on the Board of Directors SLORA. I have also served as a Washington State Commissioner with AOF and have been a member since 1999.

I am committed to furthering the growth of boat racing through timely communication, and initiating an open door policy. I have recently expanded my race team to include my oldest daughter, son-in-law, and two grandsons. I have offered and will continue to allow new people interested in boat racing to use my boats and motors to get started in the sport.

I have organized and set up booths at the Spokane Auto Boat Speed Show for the last two years to help promote boat racing.

Boat racing has been a long time passion for me and now that I am retired I have the time to spend helping promote that passion. The passion I have for this sport, is only matched by a select few. I will try my best to bring new racers, clubs, and classes into this great Federation.

I thank you for your support,

Rick Keller

111R

from Carl and Tony

Thank you Richard your a class act. You can rely on my support.
    Dave over and out!!

Comment

I know Rick to be an upstanding guy who will give you any information that you want to know about racing.

He certainly does promote boat racing whenever possible and ALWAYS steps up to help a new guy be it the load of safety gear or even a boat.

Rick would be an excellent choice for this position.

Comment

I think it's wonderful!!

You have my support 100%
        I can honestly say I would not of had the oppurtunity to start racing this year without the use of Rick's cut suit, I had one of my dad's boats to drive but no suit. Of course now I am hooked and have not missed a race.
        You do a wonderful thing Rick helping to outfit the youth with equipment.(and this older kid)
        Without youth there well be no future for racing.

Thank you for being the friend and fellow racer you are
        Last edited by BlueskyRacerGirl; 09-19-2009, 08:55 PM.
        April- Just another Montana Racer.

Comment

Zanesville

I pitted near Rick at the Mod nationals and I must say...he has a lot of energy and enthusiasm. Good Luck!

Comment

Rick is great for the sport. Everything he says in his letter is true but he forgot how much he loves working with the kids to. I think Rick has spent more time with all of the new kids this year than with his own racing.

Being retired this would be a perfect job for all of his experience in boat racing. He helped our team when we started and will help anyone with equipment, advice or even the use of his boats.

Rick has my support 100%
            Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

Originally posted by proprider View Post
              ...he has a lot of energy and enthusiasm. Good Luck!
              Isnt this exactly what it takes?

Oh, you might add: he is honest, caring, devoted, safety conscious, hard working, diplomatic, sincere, and finally, the best friend anyone could have! I'd do almost anything Rick would ask of me and I know he wouldnt be afraid to!

Rick for President

Comment

Rick,

What are your thoughts about the way things have been going in the AOF? Tell us what you have in mind for the AOF. Status Quo? Major changes? What are your thoughts about inboards running in the American Outboard Federation?

I first joined the AOF in 1981 and have been a member for most of the years since then. The first time I ever raced a boat in sanctioned competition it was an AOF sanctioned race. The last time that I drove a boat in sanctioned competition it was an AOF sanctioned race. Apparently, a lot of changes have been made in the AOF the last couple of years, but I haven't received a rule book, newsletter, or ballot in three or four years.

OMC FE/SE powerhead parts for sale. Kurcz ported block, Mod 50 pistons and cylinder head, exhaust, etc.

Comment

Working...
                X