Back to Basics 10 cups
    Realistic Expectations 10 cups
    Cohesiveness with other organizations 10 cups
    Open Door Policy 10 cups
    New Leadership 10 cups
    Following the Constitution of the Founding Fathers of AOF 100 cups
    Communication 100 cups
    Knowledge of Rulebook 100 cups

Mix all of the above while FOLLOWING THE RULEBOOK. Bake fast and hot in an oven of fun, and what do you have? The recipe for a successful and prosperous AOF.
    For those of you who haven’t heard of me: I am a long time member of AOF. I have probably been a member longer than some of you even heard of AOF. My Aunt and Uncle were the legendary racers Bill and JoAnn Ellis. I race D and/or E runabout now and used to race B and B1 runabout. I’ve had a few national championships along the years, including championships in AOF, APBA, and NBRA. My daughter Jamie races novice, A, etc. She won a national championship this year also. And then there is my sister. Add her to the mix of CH, maybe an A or whatever else she feels like racing.
    I may not always be the fastest racer, but I can promise you that whether racing, or acting as AOF president, I give it my all. Call it guts or gumption; I am going to be successful at what I put my mind to.
    I can also add promotion of racing to my resume. I am on the Dayton Hydrobowl Record Run Committee. I worked hard to bring racing back to Zanesville. (The return race was scheduled as AOF until high water forced us to cancel the last minute, and since APBA Mods have had some great nationals on the site). One of my biggest accomplishments was directing an AOF Winter Nationals in Orlando, FL in the middle of the city at the fair grounds. I worked with some big sponsors (including major sunglass company, suntan lotion company, and Disney) for that unforgettable race. With proper AOF promotion, we can have more races just like that one. I intend to be your man to do just that.
    I believe in AOF and what it stands for. I actually understand that there is a niche for all of the racing organizations. AOF, because of our non-profit status, can offer inexpensive grass roots racing, the way a club wants to race, without extreme guidelines from a national office. We need to work to preserve that precious and brilliant incorporation masterminded by such greats as Dudley Malone, Doc Miller, Rick Morris, the Snells, Freddie and Ellison Hebert, Pop Smith, Clyde Bayer, Burt Hoefs, Lyle Mason, and all of the founding fathers of AOF.
    I will also add, that once you meet me, you will never forget me! I intend to let sponsors, race sites, new and old members, and the world know that AOF is alive and kickin. I promise that if you vote for me for President, you WILL see me at one of your races. I also promise that each officer will answer to me so that all work gets done.
    Please feel free to call me with any specific questions. 937-372-3136. I am not afraid to stand up for the organization and for boat racing. I promise I will be there for you no matter what club you belong to, what you race, or where you live, and if you haven’t heard of me before, all I can say is GET READY, cuz Bobby is in the bulding!!!
    Last edited by Tony Staron; 09-11-2009, 11:18 AM.

Aof

This is great Bobby let's get AOF back on track. I remember Bobby when he was a kid running J with Joann an Bill.

Comment

Bumping for the FUTURE of grass roots, affordable racing.

Comment

Deb?

Bobby,
        Try'n to reach Sis?
        Have a rig/prop avail for her Y-80 at Franklin if she's interested in a ride in 20ssh.

I see her posts are deleated.......hope she's still in the game?

814-218-1196 (cell/pre-paid so do not leave message.......will call back)

Check'n on ticket for Spokane.

100N Steve French AOF TECH VP candidate 2010-2011
        Last edited by STEVE FRENCH; 09-23-2009, 02:26 AM.
        100N STEVE FRENCH > Nobody can hang with my STUFF!! >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tna3B5zqHdk

SEEEEEE YAAAAAA!!............In my WAKE!! .............100N>>

Comment

Bobby,

What are your thoughts about the way things have been going in the AOF? Tell us what you have in mind for the AOF. Status Quo? Major changes? What are your thoughts about inboards running in the American Outboard Federation?

I first joined the AOF in 1981 and have been a member for most of the years since then. The first time I ever raced a boat in sanctioned competition it was an AOF sanctioned race. The last time that I drove a boat in sanctioned competition it was an AOF sanctioned race. Apparently, a lot of changes have been made in the AOF the last couple of years, but I haven't received a rule book, newsletter, or ballot in three or four years.

OMC FE/SE powerhead parts for sale. Kurcz ported block, Mod 50 pistons and cylinder head, exhaust, etc.

Comment

David L6

I suggest a phone call to get your questions answered. Posting questions on a public forum is not the most productive way to receive an answer. I am not as computer literate as most, and I could tell from the postings that neither Carl or Bob were the actual people posting. To me, it looks like someone else simply posted up a sort of campaign advertisment on behalf of the candidates. Kind of like the handouts everyone gets while at the races and a candidate is campainging. They usually are trying to reach current racers for their support. I spoke with Bob Laws in length at the NBRA Nationals in Centrallia this year. In fact, he did win a national title this year in the ER class. It was an exciting class to watch. I bet you could pick up the phone and call a couple friends and obtain all the phone numbers you need.
            Dave Mason
            Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Working...
            X