Oct 9-11 AOF Pineville, LA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oct 9-11 AOF Pineville, LA

The AOF Short Course national championships are planned at beautiful lake Buhlow in Pineville/Alexandria, LA for the week end of October 9-11.

Stay tuned to see if we will have records.
    All and any AOF classes.

STAR Club is the conducting club
    South Texas Association of Racing)

This will be fun.

Just got word that there will be record races at this championship.
    Saturday will be 3/4 mile, 3 lap.
    Sunday will be 1 mile.
    Friday is testing all day.
    Monday is Columbus day, a national holiday for many, and a chance to travel home.
    Mary Lou at Pineville also just informed us that there will be a fly in at the airport across the lake. Anyone for Hydroplane, Airplane races?

Comment

We are not sure yet about costs, but we promise that the costs will be bare bones, enough to cover our costs minimun.
      Whateever class you run, this is one more chance, before putting away your equipment, to see what you can do.
      This is also a chance to break some of the AOF records.
      Pineville is the perfect place to race, the perfect place to set your old record, or make a new one, and the perfect spot to see old and new friends.

Comment

Any further word on this Pineville race? I am planning on being there.

Comment

Pineville is on

Originally posted by Jack Stotts View Post
          Any further word on this Pineville race? I am planning on being there.
          Jack-
          According to John Snell all the details are being buttoned up.
          It's all coming together. Sounds like a great weekend of racing.

Comment

Thanks Mark. Jack

Comment

Pineville Fly-in

Carl and Tony, a few years ago I was the referee at a Pineville race and an issue arose that there were sea planes planning on landing and taking off from the lake during the race day while participating in the fly-in. I was able to coordinate with the airfield folks and we were able to continue racing and the airplanes did there thing between heats. I don't know that the same folks will be involved and be as cooperative. May want to do some pre race day coordination. I'll be there Thur. around 1 PM. Jack (512) 280-0645, Cell
              (512) 917-9019.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Stotts View Post
                Carl and Tony, a few years ago I was the referee at a Pineville race and an issue arose that there were sea planes planning on landing and taking off from the lake during the race day while participating in the fly-in. I was able to coordinate with the airfield folks and we were able to continue racing and the airplanes did there thing between heats. I don't know that the same folks will be involved and be as cooperative. May want to do some pre race day coordination. I'll be there Thur. around 1 PM. Jack (512) 280-0645, Cell
                (512) 917-9019.
                I remember that race. I thought the sea planes were neat! Of course I've always liked airplanes no matter where they took off and landed.....

The fly in that weekend made it worth the trip to Pineville that weekend even if we hadn't run the boats.

OMC FE/SE powerhead parts for sale. Kurcz ported block, Mod 50 pistons and cylinder head, exhaust, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by David_L6 View Post
                  I remember that race. I thought the sea planes were neat! Of course I've always liked airplanes no matter where they took off and landed.....

The fly in that weekend made it worth the trip to Pineville that weekend even if we hadn't run the boats.
                  That sounds great, a lot of fun.
                  I heard that they even built a new clock for this race. Yup... a brand new 8 foot, sweep hand clock.

Comment

The seaplanes landing were interesting but one landed and one took off during a heat. Fortunately, they stayed to the West side and were not a big factor. A little disconcerting when you come out of turn one, look up, and see an airplane headed toward you. The only thing that concerns me is that should the aircraft have an emergency, they have the right away. Racers keep you heads up. In reality they had only about 4 or 5 seaplanes and it was no big deal. I just wanted all to be aware and not be surprised. I talked with Carl Staron last evening and he is going to coordinale with the airfield folks. Jack

Comment

Plane Race

Jack
                      Why don't you coordinate a sea plane race with a
                      clock start???? Old Navy boy like you I think you
                      can do it.

Comment

Tom, I was an Air Force puke. However, that would not stop me from getting a seaplane race going. We'll put you in the first turn as turn judge. Keep you head down. Jack
                        Last edited by Jack Stotts; 10-02-2009, 10:14 AM.

Comment

I sure hope we can have a decent turnout at Pineville! You will not find a better place to race and the food at Tunk's ain't bad either. Let"s all help Carl and Tony restore AOF to the scene. We can all have fun at Pineville.:

Comment

Pineville corrections

ATTENTION PINEVILLE-ALEXANDRIA BOAT RACERS:

The race to be held next week, Oct.9-11 WILL NOT be a record course event. The race is sanctioned by American Outboard Federation and hosted by STAR Outboard Club.

The race will have testing on Friday and Competition both Saturday and Sunday.

AOF memberships will be available at the race site.
                            AOF has made memberships available in (2) two arrangements. (1) single-event membership $25.00 or (2) annual membership $75.00.

NOTE: The single-event membership can be combined with two additional single-event memberships at a later date which will give you an up-to-date 2010 racing membership. The annual membership purchased at this event WILL BE a 2010 racing membership.

Have a good time, be safe, go fast and turn left, when you're supposed to.
                            Posted by JPifer for
                            Charlie Walters
                            AOF VP/Competition

Comment

Working...
                            X