Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SLORA - Newport/Oldtown Postponed & Re-scheduled!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SLORA - Newport/Oldtown Postponed & Re-scheduled!!

I just received word from the SLORA vice-commodore that a decision has been made to postpone the race scheduled for this weekend - 4th of July weekend. The race chairman and a board member went on site early this morning to inspect and found the river way above normal stages and flowing heavily. Currently it has been set back 2 weeks and re-scheduled for July 19-20 with the testing on friday. Hopefully it will be done to a managable level by then.

I have seen that the dam upriver (Albini Falls) was scheduled to start reducing outflow yesterday and through the week as they bring the Lake Pend Oreille back up to "normal" summer levels.

Please pass the word along, especially for those that were planning to travel in from out of the area.

This was the race for the AOF Western States Divisionals and at this point I believe that will still be the case if we can get the race off in 2 weeks.

Thanks.
    Robert Stone
    Team SS Hydroplane Racing
    Crew

-Too close for missiles...switching to guns!!

If this is for sure then we will see you in September. This is a total bummer
    Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

This is for sure. I apologize to all who have made plans and taken days off work etc. but we need to think of the safety of all concerned. I also know that the re-scheduled date won't fit everyone's schedule, so if you can't make the divisional race at Newport we hope to see you at Ione, WA. aug. 2&3. Again from Stateline we apologize for this inconvenience. This is the first time we've postponed a race in almost 40 yrs.
      Ron Baker E-Mod Hydro R-38
      sigpic

Comment

Yea, it's tough to fight Ma Nature. I think we still will be keeping our fingers crossed that the level will be down and the flow rate down to a safe level even in 2 weeks. Like was mentioned before, it's all a matter of safety. One thing from being involved only 5 years with SLORA , is that Safety is something stressed overall. The track record has been impressive, and the few accidents have all been relatively minor injury-wise, even on a few that looked quit bad at first. (including one 2 years ago at this site, where we were dealing with a swift current.)

We are just racing for FUN and some $3 medals, and we don't need anyone hurt.

It sucks, but hey, we just have to roll with it. And like Modman38 said, if you can't make Newport, try to make it to Ione or Waitts Lake... both are very nice sites.

Also, keep in mind that the AOF Nationals will be held in Moses Lake, WA Sept, 20-21 and hosted by SLORA
        Robert Stone
        Team SS Hydroplane Racing
        Crew

-Too close for missiles...switching to guns!!

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom13 View Post
          Yea, it's tough to fight Ma Nature. I think we still will be keeping our fingers crossed that the level will be down and the flow rate down to a safe level even in 2 weeks. Like was mentioned before, it's all a matter of safety. One thing from being involved only 5 years with SLORA , is that Safety is something stressed overall. The track record has been impressive, and the few accidents have all been relatively minor injury-wise, even on a few that looked quit bad at first. (including one 2 years ago at this site, where we were dealing with a swift current.)

We are just racing for FUN and some $3 medals, and we don't need anyone hurt.

It sucks, but hey, we just have to roll with it. And like Modman38 said, if you can't make Newport, try to make it to Ione or Waitts Lake... both are very nice sites.

Also, keep in mind that the AOF Nationals will be held in Moses Lake, WA Sept, 20-21 and hosted by SLORA

AOF Nats.............Moses Lake.......Cya there!!
          Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X