Lifetimers Honored

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lifetimers Honored

Lifetimers will be honored at the joint AOF/NBRA race at Pineville, LA over Memorial week end. We are in need of help in finding all of them and thier families. If anyone can help, please send the word. Here is the list. Please help.
    RA (Poppa) Smith
    JH McAdams
    William Tally
    Clyde Bayer
    Don Minerd
    Leo Voss
    Mrs. JH McAdams
    Calvin Richardson
    Ralph Murphy
    Tab Buford
    George Huntington
    Ellison Hebert
    Charlie Blackwood
    Arthur McMeans
    Dudley Malone
    John Snell
    Dr. Leonard Miller
    Richard Morris
    Art Kampen
    Joe Schultz
    Burt Hoefs
    Larry McAfee
    Bobby Wilson
    Bob Snider, SR
    Michael Brockenfield
    Harry Brinkman
    Johnny Dortch
    Stanley Henderson
    Albert Snell
    Frank Zorkan
    Robert Woodell
    Bill Van Steenwyk
    George Newman
    Floyd Hopkins
    Cecil Johnson
    Cleabern Phelps
    Lyle Mason
    Butch Drew
    Louis Williams
    Rayburn Davis
    Melvin Dominque
    Emmett Homfeld

Thanks TOny

Tony,

On behalf of my Dad Lyle, thanks for the honor. I can tell you Dad was very proud to receive the honor of a lifetime appointment membership. Regretably we will not be able to attend the Pineville race, we wish cir***stances were different, that is a fun race course and area.

Sincerely,

Dave Mason
    Dave Mason
    Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Arthur McMeans

Arthur McMeans III can be reached at his business, Tidewater Eng. and Machine Co. in Bastrop, LA. ( 318 )-281-2460. I know that Arthur and his Father ( Arthur McMeans, Jr. ) raced outboards many years ago. I have raced R/C boats with Arthur and there is no one more competitive than he is! Arthur won many US-1's with the R/C hydros and was always one of the fastest on the water. He is into building Street Rods, now. You will not find a more fair and giving person than Arthur. This is a great honor for him and his late Father to be named along with these other racers.
      DickTyndall 74-E

Comment

Thank you

Dick, This is exactly the kind of information we are looking for. Arthur was the very first lifetimer named back in 1972. You have been a good help. Looks like the apple didn't fall far from the tree.
        Thank you so much.
        Dave,
        Sure wish you guys could make it. Giving Lyle the honor was a given and should have been done years ago. Lyle, always a pioneer, was the biggest supporter of AOF at it's inception in 1971, coming from the old NOA. Again, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, and Lyle could always see through the forrest. He supported AOF and still does because he is"Just a boat racer."
        Give him our best.
        Tony

Comment

Working...
        X