No announcement yet.

Stock Winter Nationals LIVE on the web!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crazy day at the lake today. We had testing And ran 3 classes CSH, ASH, & 20SSH. Will try and post results tomorrow. 14 boats in c 9 in the other 2 Classes. .Doesn't look .like there are any d's . Talked to patrick tonight and we have so me ideas To improve the livestream we hope we can get a better for everyone Kudos to the region 10 guys this stuff isn't that easy
    444-B now 4-F
    Avatar photo credit - F. Pierce Williams

Comment

Camera view

Try to not zoom in to closely. Give it a wider view. I'll probably be a little easier to keep in focus. Also see if you can patch in the announcers (Scott) microphone. Otherwise a great effort for Howie, Nuch and the whole gang. You guys are greatly appreciated.
      !"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."

Comment

Thanks, I love this

Comment

Yep

Originally posted by PopPop View Post
          Also see if you can patch in the announcers (Scott) microphone. You guys are greatly appreciated.

If Scott can patch in or at least get the camera next to Scott we should at least be able to hear the race!

Kudos to "RED" for running the equipment!!

Comment

The patrol boat change is rather lengthy.....
            17W

"You gotta do the work"- Pop Trolian

Comment

I have not been able to get it all day

CMH. 61R
              Short Fuze Racing
              Team Darneille
              ALWAYS LOOKING FOR GOOD CMH PROPS FOR SALE
              IF YOU HAVE ONE LET ME KNOW

Comment

Live video

I was the guy running the camera today.
                Walked into the job cold...didn't know a darned thing about how to run the stuff. Guess it showed!
                Tried the checklist that came with the rig and hit a snag. Fortunately, the guy who DOES know how to run it left his phone number, and a telephone consult got things up and running.
                The tripod mount doesn't lend to a smooth movement of the camera, and the elevation tends to wander.
                I can't see the actual image well enough to tell if it's in focus or not, and don't know what to do about it anyway.
                Got confused a few times and zoomed the opposite way of what was intended. I'm sure that contributed to the general dissatisfactionl
                I'm surprised that the announcer's audio didn't make it over the web. It's actually quite loud in the vicinity of the camera.
                Sorry the product didn't meet everyone's expectations.
                I guess that's what you get when you ask for volunteers! :-)
                Just talked to Howie. I'll be running it again tomorrow.
                I'll do my best, and hope it turns out a little better.
                Bob

Originally posted by Matt Dagostino View Post
                If Scott can patch in or at least get the camera next to Scott we should at least be able to hear the race!

Kudos to "RED" for running the equipment!!

Comment

Thank You Bob

Thank you for stepping up and putting forth the effort that you did. We got to see a lot more than we could have if you didn't operate that camera. I know from experience, running a camera at a race takes a lot of the fun of the event away and I thank you for giving your time.

Bill Rosado

Comment

Bob it was much better today then it was Friday we could actually make out what was going on and the audio was good and could hear the announcer pretty good thanks for your effort Bob
                    Destiny is a matter of chance,it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.

Comment

Great job with cam and thanks for the commentary ...very much appreciated .

CMH. 61R
                      Short Fuze Racing
                      Team Darneille
                      ALWAYS LOOKING FOR GOOD CMH PROPS FOR SALE
                      IF YOU HAVE ONE LET ME KNOW

Comment

Originally posted by Bmwbob View Post
                        I was the guy running the camera today.
                        Walked into the job cold...didn't know a darned thing about how to run the stuff. Guess it showed!
                        Tried the checklist that came with the rig and hit a snag. Fortunately, the guy who DOES know how to run it left his phone number, and a telephone consult got things up and running.
                        The tripod mount doesn't lend to a smooth movement of the camera, and the elevation tends to wander.
                        I can't see the actual image well enough to tell if it's in focus or not, and don't know what to do about it anyway.
                        Got confused a few times and zoomed the opposite way of what was intended. I'm sure that contributed to the general dissatisfactionl
                        I'm surprised that the announcer's audio didn't make it over the web. It's actually quite loud in the vicinity of the camera.
                        Sorry the product didn't meet everyone's expectations.
                        I guess that's what you get when you ask for volunteers! :-)
                        Just talked to Howie. I'll be running it again tomorrow.
                        I'll do my best, and hope it turns out a little better.
                        Bob
                        Don't discount your efforts; we applaude them. Vollenteers make this world go around so...if you hear any complaints just know that those complaining should take the initive next time and show the world how it is done.
                        Raymond

Have you or your team set up a social network page yet? Do your part to expose and promote the sport when you’re not racing and create a presence online today.

Comment

Video on the internet

Thank YOU, Steve!
                          Today, the only glitch I was aware of was after the break, we lost the internet feed for about 20 minutes.
                          The fellow from Seattle who normally does this stuff still had my cell phone number from yesterday. He called me and alerted me to this.
                          There is no red light that flashes, nor any bells or whistles to let you know it happens. Once the computer was up and running, I operated strictly from the camera itself, so I never saw the laptop screen change from "Stop Broadcast" to "Start Broadcast". :-( I'll know to watch for that in the future, as well as post my cell phone number on the website for anyone who sees anything on the video going weird. That is, if I ever get a chance to do it again!
                          This was a TRUE learning experience! Since I don't have a boat yet (waiting to see how the Box Stock 302 class and the UIM OSY 400 classes shape up), volunteering for some of the staff stuff gives me a way to have some part in the fun that the rest of you are having.
                          Thanks for putting up with my being on the uphill side of the learning curve!
                          Bob
                          Originally posted by Aussie Steve View Post
                          Great job with cam and thanks for the commentary ...very much appreciated .

Comment

Working...
                          X