Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hopefully: Winternationals Live Streaming!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hopefully: Winternationals Live Streaming!

Hey Race Fans,

With any luck, we are going to attempt Live Video streaming from Eatonville this weekend.

We will test our ability to pull down an internet connection from a mobile hub, and if it works. we'll be there. We will try this out during testing today, so take a look from time to time and see if there's anything on.

The link is http://www.ustream.tv/user/R10_Outboards

Wish us luck,

R-19
    www.gleasonracing.com

"No, THAT is why people hate him."

Its also in the video player strip located on the front page of HRNET

Enjoy the show!
    HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Comment

!!!

Looking forward to watching the action!
      Gene Schertz 26V
      TEAM CAFFEINE
      Cranked up and ready to Roll
      Reeds for Speed!

Comment

Livestreaming:

Our last region 12 race was live streamed!
        The results were great!
        If you need any info on how we worked it out, please contact me

Comment

Close....

Well, the good news is that we were able to pull an internet signal off our Virgin Mobile hub. The bad news was that the video camera we were attempting to use refused to play with Windows 7.

Tomorrow, we'll be using a laptop with Windows XP that has worked well with this camera set up in the past, so hopefully we will have something together for Winternationals. Fingers crossed......

R-19
          www.gleasonracing.com

Comment

Saturday

I'm sure most of you know that by now, today was a blow-out. We arrived at the lake at 8 am this morning, and the wind had already whipped the lake into a pile of whitecaps...something not seen by boat racers in Region 10 at Silver Lake before (then again, we usually race there in the July/August timeframe).

Rain fronts blew in every couple of hours during the day, changing the weather situation from bad to worse. To put a fine point on it, it was messed up with a capital F.

With the location being fairly remote, many of us had no cell phone coverage, so answering or returning calls was generally not an option, nor was texting. We had intermittent success with showing Steve Greaves' truck, the inspection tent, muddy pits, and the lumpy lake for a few hours intermittently on our live stream.

For tomorrow, the forecast is scheduled to improve, so we are hoping to get some if not all classes in tomorrow. If the race had been held today, only CSH and 20SSH had enough entries to qualify as a Bona Fide Winternationals event. There are elims in CSH.

Not sure if we will have video feed for tomorrow...our help who has been providing equipment and expertise for the weekend may not be able to come down tomorrow. We've learned a lot about how to do this sort of stuff in our first attempt, and I want to personally thank Karl Fortner of Tacoma Inboard Racing Assn for his assistance over the weekend. We will get better at this , and sooner or later, the weather in Region 10 will get better as well.

Fingers crossed for tomorrow.

R-19
            www.gleasonracing.com

Comment

Streaming...........

Originally posted by sponsonhead View Post

Not sure if we will have video feed for tomorrow...our help who has been providing equipment and expertise for the weekend may not be able to come down tomorrow. We've learned a lot about how to do this sort of stuff in our first attempt, and I want to personally thank Karl Fortner of Tacoma Inboard Racing Assn for his assistance over the weekend. We will get better at this , and sooner or later, the weather in Region 10 will get better as well.

Fingers crossed for tomorrow.

R-19
              Pat
              What happened with the 'streaming' for Sunday? I tuned in a couple times and didn't get connected?

Hope you are thawing out.......heard it was a cold weekend. Maybe you should fly on down to Jesup in a couple weeks and hopefully enjoy some good weather with us!

Comment

As I said....

As I said, we weren't sure if we would have streaming for Sunday: Our guy with the equipment and showing us how to do it was doubtlful if he could make Sunday, and in fact, he couldn't. So, that's what happened.

We should have streaming up for the Mossyrock race at month's end. This was a productive go-round for us since we learned a lot about getting signals in remote locations, and compatibility between hardware, software and operating systems...which is kind of what the Pilot Program is supposed to be all about.

Even on Sunday, the weather was sub-par at best. We're finally drying out, and it's a rare day that you look forward to going to work the Monday after a race, just because you know the heat will be on.

A great job by the Race Committee, Officials, Race Sponsors and everyone who managed to pull this one off.

Jesup sounds great...wish I had the bucks or the miles to get there!

R-19
                www.gleasonracing.com

Comment

Working...
                X