TOHATSU'S AT NATIONALS in Oroville

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TOHATSU'S AT NATIONALS in Oroville

Does anyone have a Tohatsu I can borrow to run DSR. I'm running the Mod classes but didn't have room in the trailer for my 44xs and would like to try a Tohatsu. Transom height is same.
    Bob

Bob..................

Originally posted by Bob Dunlap View Post
    Does anyone have a Tohatsu I can borrow to run DSR. I'm running the Mod classes but didn't have room in the trailer for my 44xs and would like to try a Tohatsu. Transom height is same.
    Bob
    I think Team Stillwill has a mighty powerful Merc 15 you may want to look into renting??

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Dagostino View Post
      I think Team Stillwill has a mighty powerful Merc 15 you may want to look into renting??
      That should be the same HP as a Ricehotsu!

Comment

Bob
        Just came in from the garage. When measured at a right angle to the bottom of the boat, my DSR transom measures 11 1/2". And I have drilled four 9/16" holes in the transom to bolt the Tohatsu on.

B.T.W., I had considered going to Oreoville to race DSR and DMR. But then they made my motor Illegal in mod. There's no way I'm driving clear across the country just to race one class!

Comment

Originally posted by jeff55v View Post
          Just came in from the garage. When measured at a right angle to the bottom of the boat, my DSR transom measures 11 1/2". And I have drilled four 9/16" holes in the transom to bolt the Tohatsu on.

B.T.W., I had considered going to Oreoville to race DSR and DMR. But then they made my motor Illegal in mod. There's no way I'm driving clear across the country just to race one class!
          then take a hydro, then you too can race two... classes

"The Coffee Guy"
          TEAM CAFFEINE
          Cranked up and ready to Roll

Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles. It empties today of its strengths (Corrie ten Boom)

"Cup of Joe? Not no mo! Kevs Coffee is the only way to go!" (John Runne 09)
          " IF you can find a better cup of coffee... Kev will drink it!" (Michael Mackey 08)

Comment

Yea Right!!!

"B.T.W., I had considered going to Oreoville to race DSR and DMR. But then they made my motor Illegal in mod. There's no way I'm driving clear across the country just to race one class!"[/QUOTE]

You don't go to most local races. If you don't two hours to a race, I have a hard time believing that you would actually drive 35 hours to travel to a race.
            Last edited by Racers Edge; 08-06-2010, 04:24 PM.

Comment

didn't have room in the trailer for my 44xs and would like to try a Tohatsu. Transom height is same.
              Bob
              Bob, come to think of it, I bet maybe the Tohatsu's that have Merc clamps on them are the same transom height as a Merc. Mine has the Bass mounting system. I hope you're able to find one to borrow out there.

Kevin, I got rid of the hydro. I might buy another DSH when APBA does away with the Tohatsu 1/2" propshaft height penalty. Or I might just say phoey on it all and go race SLT.

John, When's the last time DSR raced at an M.R.C. event? The last time I ran with M.R.C. was Pleasant Prairie 2008 in DMR. (when my Tohatsu was probationary in Mod) I had a great time!
              I also had a great time at my first Nat's last year at Grass Lake. I think I learned a little bit about why everybody makes such a fuss about the nat's.
              As it turns out, family circumstances that arose this spring will keep me sidelined for 2010. Bummer.

Comment

Working...
              X