Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sprint cars- Friday night of Nationals

Hey all,
    Theres a sprint car race on Friday night, Aug 13th at Silver Dollar Speedway in Chico, CA. It's only about a half hour from Oroville.
    Tickets are $12 for adults, $10 for kids 12-15, and $5 for kids 6-11.
    Gates open at 6pm, qualifying at 6:30, racing at 7pm.

If you've never been to a sprint car race before, it is a ton of fun. Cars with 410ci engines doing 3/8 mile laps in around 17 seconds.

I think it would be a lot of fun to get a bunch of racers together, and go up and watch.

Let me know if there's any interest,
    Mike Perman 32-R

Link to their website http://www.silverdollarspeedway.com/

I'm in, 50-R

Comment

Silver Dollar Speedway. This is a quarter mile track, cars qualify at about 11 second lap times. Racing probably a little slower. This is the home of The World Of Outlaws Gold Cup, a sprint car tradition for around 55 years or so. I was there a couple weeks ago and one of the crowd favorite local boys spun out going to turn one, on the first lap. From the back of the pack Sean The Shark Becker made his way to the front for the win with a pass coming outa turn four. I have spent many friday nights there helping my buddy in the pits. GREAT racing very well ran. I hope to attend as well.

Comment

I will go but need a ride there and back

Comment

Ride to Chico

No problem Dennis, got you covered. This should be a blast. Last time we were down there Mike and JW left me in the can taking a dump and took off without me so it will be my first time there too.
          Moby Grape Racing
          "Fast Boats Driven Hard"

Comment

Sounds great

I'm sure some of us East Coats guys will go!

Comment

Great plan.

Jimi O. & Gino (305-R)

Comment

Wings or no wings?

Must be a California thing to have a nearby car race. At Bakersfield we went to see the pretty much unlimited Super Modifieds at Mesa Marin just on the way back to town. A bunch broke but they were impressive.

Comment

Wings, the good ones

Comment

Working...
                  X