X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orville Elevation

Could someone please tell me what the elevation is in Orville
    Dylan Runne

elevation at the race site is 192 ' good luck!

Comment

Thank you
      Dylan Runne

Comment

I remember asking Rich Fuschlin how much elevation compensation he did for Hinton ... he told me ... none. Seems to me Paul walked away in FER.

Comment

Lakelevelalert.com says that today's lake level at Oroville is 830.57 feet above sea level. That's a lot higher than previously stated. Jack
          Last edited by Jack Stotts; 07-20-2010, 06:24 PM.

Comment

Sam, Fuschelin did not run a Yamato

Carb adjustments on a Yamato will drive you crazy

BW
            302SSH.....Putting the Stock back in Stock Outboard

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Stotts View Post
              Lakelevelalert.com says that today's lake level at Oroville is 830.57 feet above sea level. That's a lot higher than previously stated. Jack
              830 is the elavaton at the spillway of Lake Oroville, the race is at the afterbay down in the valley floor.

Comment

OK, from what I am reading, local daily weather will be more of a factor than the 300ft or so elevation above sea level. It was important to know that Oroville is not at some altitude like 2,000 ft or so.

Hinton is at about 1,500 ft

Comment

hot air temp very cold race water = some good racing !

Comment

cold water and cold dense air = even better racing

Comment

Sorry for giving the right elevation, just the wrong body of water. Once again, I didn't know what I was talking about. Everybody have fun at Oroville. Jack

Comment

Jack, Haha The race course is not at Lake Oroville. It is in the town of Oroville what is called the South Forebay. These forebays are basically used to warn up the water for farm use. Water out of the base of the Dam is to cold to use for rice farming. AS Tony stated the race site is less than 200feet.
                        the race course called the aft forebay at hwy 99 and 162 is a a little lower and that is the record course.
                        Last edited by bill boyes; 07-21-2010, 10:55 AM.
                        bill b

Comment

Thanks Bill and Darrel! I guess I should have known when a local guy said what the elevation was. Nothing like an out of towner telling you your business. At least it gave me an excuse to find a good site to find lake levels. Sincerely hope you have a great Nationals. Hard not to in CA. Jack

Comment

192 feet above sea level . . .

Okay. Assuming 72 deg F. and standard barometric pressure, I plugged "192" into my Ver 5.6 Race Tuning Specs For Normally Aspirated Engines/2-Stroke and came up with .00067 clicks leaner.

Thank y`all. I'll be here all week . . .
                            carpetbagger

Comment

haha

Oroville is at least 103 bye that time in AUG. (maybe 105-110)
                              Dan Wilde
                              58-C

"Don't let a win go to your head, or a loss to your heart." Chuck D

Comment

Working...
                              X