Semi Live from the Pits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Semi Live from the Pits

They are on the water - weather is great and water is perfect.

Winter National Results
    ASH - 7 = Dave Bennett
    350MH - 6 = Rick Miller
    750MR - 9 = Bob Dunlap
    BSH - 6 = Andrew Tate
    CSR - 4 = Tim Webber
    Turnboat
    400MH - 3 = Rick Miller
    200MH - 5 = John Palmquist
    250MR - 4 = Chuck Zolkoske
    850MH - 10 = John Palmquist
    Turnboat - 3:45pm
    350MR - 3 = Rick Miller
    250MH - 9
    750MH - 9 = Eric Vanover
    500MR - 6 = Jeff Williams
    200MR - 3
    500MH - 10
    CSH - 7
    850MR - 7
    Last edited by Brian10s; 04-17-2010, 09:06 AM. Reason: Updating
    Brian 10s

brian 10 S

Who Got 2 & 3 in FAH= 200 MH

Comment

More more

Need more info from both places?????

Warbs
      64*W

Comment

I understand that John Palmquist got 2nd in FAH driving Hauenstein's rig to go with his 2nd in BMH after the good exhaust pipe got left at home. He had all the right parts for the FEH and drove off with a 2 heat win. His brother Brian cleaned up in the CMH. I'm not positive who won DMH- probably Eric V. Steve Dunn was fastest but had a bad day losing a gearcase and prop and then having a big crash the next heat when the towerhousing broke and his powerhead fell off. He's sorer today but nothing serious. BP was in the mix but lacks a bit of top speed. Luce apparently killed everyone in DMR.

I must be an old guy to still use the real names for the classes.

Comment

I have updated the results that I have heard (and also corrected the spelling for Chuckie Z - thanks for the voicemail).

They are racing the regular race today - all the winternats were completed yesterday.

Only updates I have are 2nd place for Jeff Williams in 350MR & Larry Stenander got 2nd in 500MR. Earl D took a 3rd in ASH. I think Brian P got a 2nd in 750MH. You heard about Steve Dunn's dump - I guess it was pretty wild but he was ok last night, just really super sore.

Weather was perfect all day except for about 1hr when 750MH & 500MR ran, wind picked up and brought about 8-10 in chop across the whole course. Then it died back down and was good the rest of the day.
          Last edited by Brian10s; 04-18-2010, 10:35 AM.
          Brian 10s

Comment

OK-I'm confused. Did Luce or Dunlap win DMR? First posting showed Dunlap and then it was posted Luce killed everyone in DMR. Thanks! Hope everyone had fun!

Comment

Dunlap won but only because Luce jumped. Otherwise it wasn't a race

Comment

Rainbow city

We had a great time at Rainbow city, and some good results. It was a great show at a wonderful site. I see a little miss info posted here by people who weren't even there!
                Steve Dunn didn't lose a lower unit or a prop, drive shaft was short and moved up at end of race, he did win that heat but Eric Vanover didn't get out, it had to be rerun because of timing error. Steve took a hard flip next heat while leading when tower broke and powerhead came off. Eric V won the 2 heats, he was fast. In the 750MR we are all running about the same speed, James Luce has a little speed on us because he weights about 135 pounds in a carbon fiber boat, he jumped bad in the first heat so I let him go and he broke in the second heat. I started 6th in the second heat and got up to 2nd so I won with a 1st and 2nd. I had a new boat I built there and it was working great. A big thanks goes to George Luce for all the help and boat plans. When you are all that close on speed it's all about who get to the first turn first. John Palmquist, as usual, was some kind of fast in 850H easily winning both heats. We were at the far end of the pits and they called it "Runabout Heaven" you can see pictures in one of the other threads. I will post some more pictures.

Comment

I thought 750mr was by far the best show of the day,Congrats Bob you definately earned this victory! I also thought Steve Dunns second in 850mh was pretty impressive considering he did it with a 44! I had a great time and look forward to the rest of the season

Comment

Gosh-little Luce is growing up fast. Already in a DMR-impressive!

Comment

From Inspection

Ok, here's what we had in Inspection for the Mod Winternationals Day.

ASH - Dave Bennett, Val D'Agostino, Earl Desiato
                      750MR - Bob Dunlap, Jerry Davids, Fred Hauenstein
                      350MH - Rick Miller, John Palmquist, Tom Johnston
                      BSH - Andrew Tate, George Stillwell, Tom Berwinkle
                      CSR - 42F (Tim Weber maybe?), Bill Walker, 75F (Chris Fabro maybe?)
                      400MH - Rick Miller, Austin VanOver, Jeff Carter
                      200MH - John Palmquist (Hauenstein's rig), Dave Bennett, Dudley Smith
                      250MR - Chuckie Zolkoske, Andrew Tate, Bob Dunlap
                      850MH - John Palmquist, Steve Dunn, Kevin Fitzgerald
                      350MR - Rick Miller, Jeff Williams
                      250MH - Andrew Tate, Tom Sutherland, George Stillwell
                      750MH - Eric VanOver, Fred Hauenstein, Brian Palmquist
                      500MR - Jeff Williams, Larry Stenander, Jerry Davids
                      200MR - Wally Schliph (Bennett's rig), Larry Stenander, Dave Bennett
                      500MH - Brian Palmquist, Eric VanOver, Jimmy Warren
                      CSH - Andrew Tate, 96Z (D'Agostino maybe?), Rick Miller (in Brinkman's rig)
                      850MR - Rich Palmer, Jerry Davids, Eon Christopher

Sorry, didn't save the results from the second day.

You guys really should have been there - 85 degrees, sunburns were prevalent.
                      Last edited by Jeff5P; 04-19-2010, 11:47 AM.
                      Jeff
                      5-P

Comment

500mr

Congrats to Jeff for winning 500MR.
                        We have to add the Mercury almost won, James Luce in his new yellow Luce C mod runabout was flying. He finished first in both heats but came up 2 pounds light at the scales What a heart breaker for James and George!

Comment

Alabama is the place to be!!

Great job by Jeff Carter and the crew. Adam and Lori Allen ran the race like the pro's they are.

The test day Thursday was HUGE and should be required at all National Events!! Guys got a chance to get dialed in and have a lot of fun getting the winter rust off!!

This site looks to be in line to be the Hinton, West Virginia of the 21st century! The water dissapates well and you can race hard all three laps!!

As Bungy Bob Dunlap stated, a lot of bogus reporting was being posted by folks that wern't even there. The racing was close and exciting. Steve Dunn's speed and driving in DMH before his equipment malfunction was to us the hightlight of the weekend!

We hope Jeff Carter continues to keep improving this site and moving it forward as more major events perpare to come here over the next couple years!!

Matt & Val

ps.............the 1500 mile round trip was well worth it!

Comment

Congrats

Congrats to all the winners.

I have always thought of this location as one of my top three. Raced there one time probably 7 or 8 years ago. AOF Nationals, maybe it was closer to ten years. I can attest to Matt's observations, the water lays down well. I raced Newman for three laps deck to deck in the 850CCMH class. Back then it was FEH/SEH. Never let off the throttle. If an 850CCMH can do it, anything can; given a good boat and driver combo.
                            Dave Mason
                            Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Please note - this thread is in the forum 2010 Mod Winter Nationals Rainbow City, AL, subtitled Semi Live From the Pits. Therefore it is logical to assume that it is about the Rainbow City AL race, NOT the Ocoee race. To avoid confusion I will try to move posts tomorrow evening tjat relate to Ocoee.

Welcome to hydroracer, we hope you enjoy your visit.

Comment

Working...
                              X