No announcement yet.

2009 APBA Winter Nationals Coverage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reports surfacing back here at home say Braxton Miller put the testing time for Js last night to good use to tweak enough speed out of his JH for a new record. Looks like the kid to watch for this year.

Comment

Sunday results

Records: JH Record - Braxton Miller 36.473
      AXSR -Joel Kiddy 43.283
      JR - Dylan Runne

AXSR: 1 - Dylan Runne, 2 Joel Kiddy, 3 Beck Nichols, 4 Max Ascerno
      JR - 1 Dylan Runne, 2 Max, 3 Andrew Kiddy, 4 Beck Nichols, 5 Braxton Miller
      ASR - 1 Terry Kerr, 2 Dylan Runne, 3 Andy Hansen
      CSR - 1 Tom Nuccio, 2 Joe Pater

Rich raced the Sidewinder Prob A at the Winter Nationals and he competed with the best of them.

And that's all I have. It was a great Winter Nationals. We had alot of fun with our friends and family. Everyone is heading home. Except us lucky ones that get to fly home. Sheri Runne
      Last edited by racer3j; 03-22-2009, 05:54 PM.
      Dylan Runne

Comment

Report from the road

Well, we're somewhere in Kansas about 100 miles from Colorado, 15 hours down the road. Kyles in the back seat right now losing a fight with a cold type bug, though it's pretty amusing when he coughs, sneezes, burps, and farts seemingly all at once.
        We hit a MAJOR crosswind going through Kansas. Kyle and I got out and threw some extra straps over the boats, and they're still all shifted to one side of the bunks. It also looks like we're still racing, this time we're just racing the weather for a safe trip home. According to forecasts we should be working pretty hard to stay just ahead of some snow through the Rockies. It looks like it may catch up to us through Rock Springs, WY and into Salt Lake. Here's hoping the forecasters are wrong!
        Congrats to the record setters today, and here's wishing everybody else a safe trip home.
        Thanks to the race committee for a great race!
        Mike Perman
        Team Region 10

Comment

Sidewinders

Dylan,

Thanks for the update. Did your dad run the 15ci Sidewinder in BSR? Just curious how it may have done against the 15ci Hot Rods. I heard that Dudley and Gene were going with there Sidewinders as well. Any updates on how they ran.

We have a few people in MI that are interested. Just looking for some update. Thanks.

Mark

Comment

Trailer down!

Team Cafarelli is trying to get home and bam! Wheel bearing on the trailer blows out. We are stuck in Byltheville Arkansas!

We are at the travel lodge so honk as you pass!

On a side note Mamma C is in the hospital so if you have any extra prayers we could use them.

Comment

You're Mom

Originally posted by brian View Post
              Team Cafarelli is trying to get home and bam! Wheel bearing on the trailer blows out. We are stuck in Byltheville Arkansas!

We are at the travel lodge so honk as you pass!

On a side note Mamma C is in the hospital so if you have any extra prayers we could use them.
              Hope she gets well and you have our prayers.

Comment

Originally posted by jpro60 View Post
                Well, we're somewhere in Kansas about 100 miles from Colorado, 15 hours down the road..... It also looks like we're still racing, this time we're just racing the weather for a safe trip home. According to forecasts we should be working pretty hard to stay just ahead of some snow through the Rockies. It looks like it may catch up to us through Rock Springs, WY and into Salt Lake. Here's hoping the forecasters are wrong!
                Mike, layover, a meal or help available here in the Tri-Cities if you need anything. Good job guys. Run Low and zig-zag.

Steve
                Steve
                106-R / TEAM JDS

sigpic

Comment

Runne Wins Appeal

Lots of excitement in the our pits Saturday when the Chief Referee issued a Red card to Rich for UNSPORTMANSHIP like conduct. Rich raced the A Sidewinder on Saturday, and it was quite impressive as he raced for first against Terry Kerr. After the first heat, Rich went into inspection and then back to our pits. After the second heat Rich did not go to inspection, because he is running a probationary engine, and he doesn't receive points. so he figured why go to inspection again since he is not getting points. Bad move on Rich's part, because at that point someone decided that he should be issued a Red card for unsportmanship conduct. So after alot work by Troy Gladkowski and Tony Perman they put together an appeal, reading the rule book, getting facts it was presented to the race committee. After consideration, most of the race committee agreed that issuing the Red card to Rich should be overturned. So Rich will be back on the water running Sidewinder and not beached for a year.

P.S. I suggest you use the Red card for what it is intended for out on the race course and to those who really deserve it not to someone who is trying to help promote the sport and keeping APBA alive and moving forward. Regardless of what your own personal agenda is. We are all in this together and want to have fun, do well and be safe. SHERI RUNNE
                  Dylan Runne

Comment

Glad he won the appeal... but there must be more to this? A red card (not sure what that is.. but if it carries a years beaching that's really serious) for just not going to inspection?
                    Fralick Racing
                    Like our Facebook Team page "Here"

Comment

Congrats to STILLWILL MERC'S...............

Congrats to George Stillwill built Merc's for claiming two more records at the Winter National's..........I understand Braxton Miller and Joel Kiddy both were sucessful in breaking the existing records in their respective classes on Sunday!

Comment

Originally posted by jpro60 View Post
                        Well, we're somewhere in Kansas about 100 miles from Colorado, 15 hours down the road. Kyles in the back seat right now losing a fight with a cold type bug, though it's pretty amusing when he coughs, sneezes, burps, and farts seemingly all at once.
                        We hit a MAJOR crosswind going through Kansas. Kyle and I got out and threw some extra straps over the boats, and they're still all shifted to one side of the bunks. It also looks like we're still racing, this time we're just racing the weather for a safe trip home. According to forecasts we should be working pretty hard to stay just ahead of some snow through the Rockies. It looks like it may catch up to us through Rock Springs, WY and into Salt Lake. Here's hoping the forecasters are wrong!
                        Congrats to the record setters today, and here's wishing everybody else a safe trip home.
                        Thanks to the race committee for a great race!
                        Mike Perman
                        Team Region 10
                        Maybe that crosswind will decide to shift a bit and push from behind. Keep safe and hope that white stuff stays away. How are you liking that new rig for towing so far?
                        Sean Byrne

Comment

Mark
                          No my dad did not race in BSR but he did race a sidewinder in ASR and he was very fast. The motor ran great and didn't miss a beat.
                          Dylan Runne

Comment

Congrats NBRA

Looks like some serious wins for the NBRA crews in attendance. I heard Rotten Ralph flat smoked them in both of the 850CC clases. My money was on him winning 850CCH. Wish I could have been there to see that. I am betting it is competition to any and all 850CCH's out there in Mod. I already knew his runabout was unbeatable.

Congrats to Vernon for his second place in 850CCH.

Congrats Mac on the win in 750CCMR !! Looks like we are gonna have some dog fights this year in ER !!

Who else in the NBRA ? Rick Miller, and a few others did pretty good there too.

Now we know the NBRA has some top competiton to all boat racing ! Now I have to get back to my homework to try and beat Rotten Ralph. Now Ralph, you can tell me, it was the extra special advice I gave you Monday night just before you left, right !
                            Dave Mason
                            Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Update from Utah

Well, we're in Utah now, outside of Ogden. Dad just took the wheel. It was an interesting/ rough night with everybody being tired but the weather preventing us from being willing to stop. It's daylight now and we all have something of a second wind. That wind is blowing lighter but steady nonetheless and has shifted to an MPG killing headwind for the last last many hours. We hit a little snow in Wyoming, and it's still snowing in Utah as I type. Fortunately it hasn't stuck for much of the drive. There were some parts where we were very happy with our new rig just because we could put it in 4-HI. There was one stretch where Kyle got it a little sideways over a very stealthily icy bridge. We also saw 3 other wrecked vehicles including one with a trailer, so we're very glad to have that behind us.
                              Here's hoping for further safe travels and a 9-10pm arrival home.
                              Mike Perman
                              Team Region 10
                              P.S. Steve thank you very much for the invitation.

Comment

Inspection can be full enough...........

[QUOTE=racer3j;127537]Lots of excitement in the our pits Saturday when the Chief Referee issued a Red card to Rich for UNSPORTMANSHIP like conduct. Rich raced the A Sidewinder on Saturday, and it was quite impressive as he raced for first against Terry Kerr. After the first heat, Rich went into inspection and then back to our pits. After the second heat Rich did not go to inspection, because he is running a probationary engine, and he doesn't receive points. so he figured why go to inspection again since he is not getting points. Bad move on Rich's part, because at that point someone decided that he should be issued a Red card for unsportmanship conduct. So after alot work by Troy Gladkowski and Tony Perman they put together an appeal, reading the rule book, getting facts it was presented to the race committee. After consideration, most of the race committee agreed that issuing the Red card to Rich should be overturned. So Rich will be back on the water running Sidewinder and not beached for a year.

That rule should be changed a bit. If you run near last or feel ill perhaps or just don't want to full up inspection, it should be up to the driver, just toss him or her for that heat. It will also limit injuries at inspection from props or falls moving rigs.
                                PS If Rich is ever a poor sport, We are in big trouble! He's a Nice Man!
                                Earl 11 J........ Dangerous when Wet Runne Craft- Earl said, " Driving a Runne Craft is like Cheating". Dude, ........ Where's My Boat!

Comment

Working...
                                X