No announcement yet.

2009 APBA Winter Nationals Coverage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey guys, we are just a few hours away from the award's ceremony. Racing today was tight, like yesterday. Lots of hard fought victories. In Formula A Hydro we had a spill today... nothing too bad, just hooked a sponson. I am not sure who the driver was... but he was able to make the second heat. 20SSH was an interesting race. I jumped the second heat pretty bad... and was getting passed by most of the feild as I was laying off a good bit to not make trouble for the legal starters. I had just gotten passed by Kyle Lewis and 2 other boats. All of a sudden... I see Kyle slapping his boat and pointing at his sponson... Come to find out the sponson he was pointing at. Well, it was no longer there. He finished the race... (a whole lap and a half) with one sponson. Lots of gun jumping.. i think there was only ONE legal boat out of 12 in the first heat of 20SSH. And not many more legal startes in heat 2. I was a victim of the gun jump both heats... but thats the chance you take when trying to hit the line right.Other than that.. I know that Ed Hearn won bsr today. DMR went to Kevin McAfee. And Braxton Miller did well in most of his classes. I think he is leaving with a 3rd in JR, 2nd in AXS/Novice and 1rst in JH... but that all from memory.. so i COULD be wrong. Record time tomorrow... Wish us luck that the weather holds up as well as the past few days have been. I hope that all the updates are a LITTLE helpful.

P.S. I took some pics (very FEW) and I have like 2 or 3 videos from racing today. I think I have a Novice/AXSH heat, CMR heat, FAH heat, and 25MH heat on vid. I left my camrea at the lake... So i shall try and get thos eup in the week ahead sometime.
    John Mathews @ Mathews Racing L-390

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/johnmathews390
    Instagram: http://instagram.com/johnmathews_390
    Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/johnmathews_390
    Email: JohnMathewsL390@aol.com
    Cell#: 318-794-4515

Comment

Gun Jumping........................

Why all the gun jumping?? Could it be the camaflaged Orange and Black Clock or just winter rust??

Perhaps at "National Championship" Events digital clocks should be the clock of choice................just a thought

Way to go ABBY US POND in ASH!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Dagostino View Post

Perhaps at "National Championship" Events digital clocks should be the clock of choice................just a thought
        Matt, The clock was the same for everybody. We were all just dumb.

-Mike Perman
        Moby Grape Racing
        "Fast Boats Driven Hard"

Comment

Becca

Way too go baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love You. Brian & Suze

Comment

Hey Becky,
            congrats, to you and poppa, what a story, 2nd in the Worlds, a winter Nationals, wow!!!!

Ray

Comment

photos please.

Originally posted by Admin View Post
              Microsoft has a new commercial showing on cable right now of how easy it is for a little six year old girl to take photos and upload them on her laptop using Windows photo gallery.
              Actually...she's 4 1/2. (And she Emailed them too, it's not much harder to post them online.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rhre2C4THT4

Comment

Originally posted by jeff55v View Post
                Actually...she's 4 1/2. (And she Emailed them too, it's not much harder to post them online.)

Yeah I notice that after I made the original post, sad part is we are so far behind the curve on using the technology available to us in an effort to help advance our sport, oh well no point in complaining I guess, our members are not tech savvy folks so....
                HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Comment

TOP GUN .THE mark of a true champion is the ability 2 perform under pressure.May confidence and determination B with everybody in the record runs.

Comment

Originally posted by Admin View Post
                    Yeah I notice that after I made the original post, sad part is we are so far behind the curve on using the technology available to us in an effort to help advance our sport, oh well no point in complaining I guess, our members are not tech savvy folks so....
                    Dan, The trollfromthebyu has a camera.
                    Attached Files
                    Chris Fabbro 2-F CSR / Carson Fabbro 95-F 25ssr, CSR, CSH, 300SSH / Greg Fabbro 63-F CSR, 25SSR

Comment

Congratulations Ms Nichols!!!!!!!!!!!! The pig must have been really flying. See you soon.

Comment

Originally posted by boatnik View Post
                        dan, The Trollfromthebyu Has A Camera.
                        Thanks Alot Boatnik! You Got Me Laughing So Hard I Sprayed My Morning Pepsi All Over My Keyboard!!!!!!!!

sigpic
                        SIBLING RIVALRY RACING TEAM

Comment

Way to go Becky!!

Congrats, YOU ROCK GIRL!!!!
                          Sure wish I was there to get some pictures! Did anyone take any?
                          Hope to see you soon at the races,
                          Christine

Comment

Originally posted by Christine Brewster View Post
                            Congrats, YOU ROCK GIRL!!!!
                            Sure wish I was there to get some pictures! Did anyone take any?
                            Hope to see you soon at the races,
                            Christine
                            Regarding the pics

HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Comment

Bsh?

Originally posted by Hydroglobe17J View Post
                              Any BSH results?
                              Anyone?...................
                              Earl 11 J........ Dangerous when Wet Runne Craft- Earl said, " Driving a Runne Craft is like Cheating". Dude, ........ Where's My Boat!

Comment

Originally posted by Hydroglobe17J View Post
                                Anyone?...................
                                What happens in Pineville STAYS in Pineville!

I too, am curious about BSH. Were there any Sidewinders expected to compete?

sigpic
                                SIBLING RIVALRY RACING TEAM

Comment

Working...
                                X