Grass Lake on Friday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grass Lake on Friday

WOW, where did this week go? For us it flew by, seems like we were just arriving and unloading boats, now everyone is loading up and moving out. It's sorta sad. Lots of upsets, and lots of wonderful memories were made today.

Accident with Michael Kench and Dave Young was upsetting to all who witnessed the accident. It is truly amazing that Michael did not have any serious injuries. I was there along with others to support Lois (his girlfriend) and sister Robin Kobren. I am so glad to report when we were leaving the pits today all were back from the hospital. Michael had MRI and Cat Scan and thank goodness he has a hard head. All was negative and he was happy to be out. He was a little upset when he learned his helmet was being kept by the race committee. More on that later.....

Winners have been posted, here is a few pics of the day, enjoy...
    Attached Files

Stock Nationals-Friday

Christine- How did Dave Young make out in the tangle? Dave is an old racing friend in the 60s.
    Ye Olde Desert Geezer Al Lang

Comment

The pics above were of Ashley Rutger. She was involved in accident with Braxton Miller. As you can see she is ok, and quite a little spit fire! Boys remember this and don't cross in her tracks, or look out..... Braxton Miller was going to the hospital for stitches on his calf. From his Grandfather, he was ok. Here are more pics....
      Attached Files

Comment

more from GRASS LAKE! The little one is Cameron Fralick at his first boat race and first Nationals. Proud Daddy (Graham) and Mom (Ginny) received well wishes and lots of oohs, and ahhs. Just a few more from Grass Lake Friday, wake up call is early for Saturday, I have to be in the pits by 730am. I have been asked to take pictures of Austin Jennings christening that is taking place in the pits at 800am. It is an honor and I will post pictures of the event and all tomorrows happenings. Then Sunday evening after arriving home I will post pictures of the awards banquet. Thanks everyone for letting me share my week with you. I have had a blast.
        Attached Files

Comment

few more pics
          Attached Files

Comment

Dave Young & Mike Kench

Dave and Mike were back in the pits and relatively ok (sore, bruised, and in Mike's case a nice chin strap burn on his neck). The photographers that were there Rissley (sp?) caught the sequence of Mike's flip and then Dave hitting his helmet (not sure if Mike was still wearing it at the time). Definitely proof of why you need a good helmet.

By the time I came through the 1st turn, Mike's helmet was off his head and he was floating face up not really moving. Dave was swimming back to help Mike. Pretty scary moment.

I was happy to get to talk to them later in the pits and know they were ok.

Comment

Dudly- Many thanks for your reply. Glad to hear that both Dave and Mike made it through with out any major personal damage.
              Ye Olde Desert Geezer Al

Comment

Who finished top three in DSH
                JSH??

Comment

JH: Logan Sweeney, Laura Wheeler, Andrew Kiddy

Comment

thank you -LarryR

Comment

Working...
                    X