No announcement yet.

Grass Lake is ready, are you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Dean for all the hard work. Its a load off of my mind that the registrations did go through! And I'm looking forward to my first racing at Grass Lake.
    Gene Schertz 26V
    TEAM CAFFEINE
    Cranked up and ready to Roll
    Reeds for Speed!

Comment

Originally posted by bill boyes View Post
      If you would go the the APBA web and go to resources then to Sanction mailing fees you will note that for the US mailing fees for a National Event for Stock/J is over $800.That is a hard hit for a club to mail out the circular. Not APBA's fault.
      it would be nice if a list could be made of those people without email
      and only pay to send snail mail sanctions to those people. If Dans national average numbers held true to boat racers. The cost would be about 1/3 of what it is now.

"The Coffee Guy"
      TEAM CAFFEINE
      Cranked up and ready to Roll

Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles. It empties today of its strengths (Corrie ten Boom)

"Cup of Joe? Not no mo! Kevs Coffee is the only way to go!" (John Runne 09)
      " IF you can find a better cup of coffee... Kev will drink it!" (Michael Mackey 08)

Comment

I sent my trailer registration about a month ago... hoping everything was recieved correctly. Is there anyway of knowing your spot before hand?

Also, looking at the layout of the pits (in particular the clock), is the course going to be moved more north up the lake than usual? The current clock location is pretty close to the "normal" first turn.

Comment

Originally posted by pearson95m View Post

looking at the layout of the pits (in particular the clock), ........
          Here it is Josh.
          Great Job Dean & Mark.

http://michiganhydroplane.com/race-layout.pdf
          Brett L. 156M

Comment

yes... that is the layout i'm talking about my questions are still valid

Comment

As it is a nationals the starting chute has a minimum length. To accomodate that the course has been moved down the lake
              Retired racer turned bartender

Comment

Anybody know how far the Comfart Inn is from the race-site/pits? The girl at the reservation desk asked me what lake the race was on. I replied 'Grass Lake'. She responded: "well there are a lot of lakes around here... it's probably on Wolf lake". I let it go at that and didn't bother to ask her hair color.

308 N. Lake Street, 49240.... yeah... we'll find it... Maggy Magellan probably knows where it is. Thanks.

And, just out of shear curiosity, do I need a safe-boater card??????? fuggedabowdit!
                Alex

Comment

Nats update

We will not be disclosing pit spots or the schedule prior to arrival, both are still not final

The Comfort Inn to the Pits is 15 minutes door to door. I drove it and clocked it several times. I can not believe the desk clerk did not recognize it.

Dean

Comment

Stupid question time. For whatever reason, I can not get the pdf file to download....I am curious as to how big the course is, size of turns etc. The sanction says 1 mile...is that going to be accurate? Thanx

Comment

Originally posted by daveracerdsh View Post
                      Stupid question time. For whatever reason, I can not get the pdf file to download....I am curious as to how big the course is, size of turns etc. The sanction says 1 mile...is that going to be accurate? Thanx
                      PDF loaded fine for me. But does not show course or course size, just pit layout
                      Sattler Racing R-15
                      350cc Pro Alcohol Hydro
                      TEAM VRP
                      The Original "Lunatic Fringe"

Spokane Appraiser

Comment

Jim Tower 118P
                        Sorry about this. My son cannot get time off of Grass Lake. Give our pit stall to someone in need. I will be at Grass Lake and available to drive rescue boat or tow boat from Tues to Fri as much as you need.

Jim

Comment

Course

Pro 350,

1 mile is approx. I expect it to be at least 1 mile could go as high as 1.2. We are shooting for a large first turn and a more "racey" second turn, similar to Copperopolis.

Nothing is final though, the lake may dictate final course length and position.

Thanks,
                          Dean

Comment

Originally posted by HRTV View Post
                            US Mail? I thought they went under years ago Phil you are online you dont need a hard copy
                            Perhaps an additional block ta check on the APBA/club Membership form(s) for non-online members ta git mailers would help?

"US Mail? I thought they went under years ago"..............Not yet but mail count is WAY down..........We're in trouble too!

100N.....(Postal Employee)
                            100N STEVE FRENCH > Nobody can hang with my STUFF!! >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tna3B5zqHdk

SEEEEEE YAAAAAA!!............In my WAKE!! .............100N>>

Comment

Originally posted by daveracerdsh View Post
                              I have same issue....access "Firefox" and then go to hydroracer.net.....then link the APBA site.....works for me that way........?....Dan?

100N
                              Last edited by STEVE FRENCH; 07-25-2009, 06:08 AM.
                              100N STEVE FRENCH > Nobody can hang with my STUFF!! >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tna3B5zqHdk

SEEEEEE YAAAAAA!!............In my WAKE!! .............100N>>

Comment

Team Red, Jordy and Jesse, Davey Hemp, Jon Evans, etc.... I just sent them all a shout out, so hopefully we can get this handled.
                                Runescape Gold MapleStory Mesos WoW Gold Cheap

Comment

Working...
                                X