Taste of the Region *attention*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taste of the Region *attention*

In these hard economic times it is time for a call to action. I would like to keep cost down and I do not want to abuse the same people we ask every year to bring food. I am kicking around the idea of charging a small cover to give some kickbacks to the people who bring large and expensive items and to help provide consumables.

What do you think of a small $3-4 cover for the taste of the regions. I would think to have dinner with your friends this would not be a problem. I was thinking of doing wrist bands and give some bands to the donating families/regions or cash for larger quantities to be bought.

I am official starting the list of people who are bringing items. Respond to this thread or PM or EMail me.

If you recall at the last IOA Nationals we had butler service in the line waiting to get in and an incredible spread that included everything from shrimp to hot corn on the cob. I know this year we will have Mamma C brownies and cookies and I have talked her into make a special cake that will only last the first 20 people!

I am asking now who can make a deep fried southern turkey?

If you need anything to help your donation to this great even please contact me so we can have everything ready for you.

Following the taste we will have the annual auction of fine boat racing merchandise. If you would like to donate a good or service please email or call me.

The Taste of the Regions is always a great event. Team AARP will provide 4 pounds of the most mouth watering, sliced, Mesquite grilled Pork Tenderloin medalions on Kaiser roll with homemade slaw. All guaranteed to come only from Region 6 hogs. See you there ! Mike Marshall, Raceboat 61-S

Comment

Originally posted by brian View Post
      In these hard economic times it is time for a call to action. I would like to keep cost down and I do not want to abuse the same people we ask every year to bring food. I am kicking around the idea of charging a small cover to give some kickbacks to the people who bring large and expensive items and to help provide consumables.

What do you think of a small $3-4 cover for the taste of the regions. I would think to have dinner with your friends this would not be a problem. I was thinking of doing wrist bands and give some bands to the donating families/regions or cash for larger quantities to be bought.

I am official starting the list of people who are bringing items. Respond to this thread or PM or EMail me.

If you recall at the last IOA Nationals we had butler service in the line waiting to get in and an incredible spread that included everything from shrimp to hot corn on the cob. I know this year we will have Mamma C brownies and cookies and I have talked her into make a special cake that will only last the first 20 people!

I am asking now who can make a deep fried southern turkey?

If you need anything to help your donation to this great even please contact me so we can have everything ready for you.

Following the taste we will have the annual auction of fine boat racing merchandise. If you would like to donate a good or service please email or call me.
      I think it should be $5...and that still could be too cheap, I've only been twice and the food is knocked out. Kev/115-M

Comment

Possibly

I think they charged at Whitney Point last year at the combined Nat's for the taste of region. Seemed to have a moderate crowd.
        Dave Mason
        Just A Boat Racer

Comment

I need some people to step up here I have clams, turkey,ribs and I need some regions and teams to contact me with what you can bring. It is like a pot luck but you just bring a little more than normal.

Please contact me with what you are bringing.

Brian

Comment

Glad to hear you're using this: I plan to keep it much more aggressively up-to-date than has been the case in the past, but don't hesitate to let me know if you find errors or need clarifications.

Cheers!
            Sylvie
            property asset project | document internet management software Utilizing your internet resources effectively through internet management software. property asset project | document internet management software

Comment

Working...
            X