• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rob D View Post
    Jose,

I told you to go easy on those guys
    Glad to hear everyone is O.K.

Note to self::: Send a PM next year to Jose to take it easy on Rob!!

Comment

Sorry you are too late for that.
      Jose and I have a understanding.. He goes easy on me and the wife shows him her new 36 D's

Comment

I'm fine, thank ya-all for the concern. In fact I'm probably in better shape physically than if I had run the whole race, not even any bruises. The boat suffered cosmetic deck damage and a 'duckbill' drain plug was lost (probably during the landing) which is why it was sinking. We had to clean a little water out of the engine, which will not suprise anyone who has seen the pictures!

I have done this in hydros; flying through the air with all your appendages flapping uncontrollably, being chased by a boat, with engine screaming, and prop biting at you.

I am amazed by the pictures! Inside the capsule, totally strapped down of course, it was a fairly soft, gentle ride. Busch Gardens might be scarier! There was a brief view of sky but generally nothing was visible outside the cockpit except flying water, so others need to tell me what actually happened. Flight time did feel quite long, like maybe I should take a nap, 'wake me when this thing lands'. Even the landing did not feel anywhere near as violent as the pictures show.

Therefore: I'll keep my seat, thank you, and leave kneeling to others.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob D View Post
          Sorry you are too late for that.
          Jose and I have a understanding.. He goes easy on me and the wife shows him her new 36 D's

I have an Idea that when Tiff reads that ,,,there will be a WAY different understanding for Jose

Comment

goin over he's goin over

ARA..............still cant believe it right sided up.

great shot of it though- sorry I didn't reach down for my camera quick enough to get a close up of it happening.

glad you and Fred didn't get too banged up.

talk soon

Comment

That was way before Tiff came along

Comment

Oh ,,,OK

Forgot to ask How your boat was after Orange,everything ok with the motor and all?

Comment

Doug,next year

Doug there is a full schedule in march,you should try and make one of those races.

Ara

Comment

If I can get the boat back together by March I would like to do that

We have a local race here in Houston at Highlands in April and the big Race at Port Neches in May,,,You guys might want to do the PN race as it is a big race like Orange along with a festival . I suspect Orange will be even larger next year and the city may have a festival along with it too,they are all fired up about it. There is rumor of a race happening at New Roads/false River Louisiana next year also, North of Baton Rouge,,,a little closer for you guys.

If I can't do the one in March, maybe another one ,Jesup or somewhere in Florida. Do you guys have a tenative schedule for next year for the races down there so I can try to plan ahead of time?
                    I may try to do one West coast race if time allows also. It would be something to get all 45's together at once from NSEW for one big race. Imagine 40-50 45's showing up to race 2 flag start of course

Comment

Originally posted by araraces View Post
                      Doug there is a full schedule in march,you should try and make one of those races.

Ara
                      Ara,

What or where are you talking about? Region 5? Is there a schedule out already or are you talking about Palatka, Lakeland, etc.?

Thanks man. Let me know if you need anything to get the boat back together. We will be out in force this coming season. With Jose going to 120, we all will have a fighting chance now. haha.

Steve.

Comment

Schedule

Steve

Thanks for the offer I will keep in touch as I go through the boat.Yes region 5 will have 3 races it looks like in March. Lakeland,Jesup,Chattahoochee, I think we may be on all events.If you need any help getting going let me know,we need to get a few more boats out there.If you know of any others interested in getting into the class my boat is always open for a person to take a test ride.

Ara

Comment

Region 5 Races

This is the tenative 2008 races for Region 5 OPC/sst45

March 1/2 Lakleand FL

March 8/9 Jesup GA

March 14/15/16 Ocoee FL 45ss with Stocks

March 29/30 Chattahoochee FL

---------------------------------

October 25/26 Jesup GA

I believe there will be some more sprinkled in there and of course race out of state to go to .

Comment

Schedule

Thanks for the update Blair. Are you sure there is not a mid week race in there somewhere???

Ara

Comment

I know right March is pretty stacked up.

We will have to figure out the 08 "bigger drive" races and make it a point to run will all these other guys.

May 3/4 Port Neches ,TX

July 12/13 Marietta ,OH

August 30/31/1 Kankakee ,IL

Orange TX is in there somewhere

and I am sure other races will have 45 on schedule just to see you mad men out there showing off.

Comment

Just Got a letter from Orange convention Bureau today, Orange race is scheduled for 9/20-21/2008. For those of you who attended this years event you will or may have gotten one of these also asking for suggestions for the improvement for the 2008 race, please take the time to respond to Darline if you can, she is doing everything possible to make it a bigger and better event next year
                                Keep in mind the Orange race was a first year event and it went over pretty darn good,, constructive suggestions can only make it even better.
                                If for some reason you do not get the letter ,send any suggestions to me and I will foreward them for you or give you the correct contact info.

Thanks for your support in Region 15

Doug

BTW/ What is going on at Marrieta OH.?

Comment

Working...
                                X