New Ocoee Race UP DATE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Ocoee Race UP DATE

Some bad news but you have time to do something about if you get to work. We got word that NO OPEN PIPES will be allowed at Ocoee for the March 17-18, 2007 race. Expansion chambers will be allowed, so if you are running mods with open pipes now is the time to do something. Expansion chambers are available for the Hot Rods, Mercurys , Yamatoes. If you need help start asking now so you can race.

Originally posted by STEVE FRENCH
    I can agree with Sam on this. Even with Jet-Skis jump'n wakes at Findley Lake were I test, just the site of me hav'n fun test'n for 20min with my little hydros, seems to draw negative attention.
    Not sure if it's just something different or a jellous thing,,,,,,,,,,,,

19P
    Hi Steve,

Happy holidays, its not something different or jealousy that turn people off to hydro's it is the lack of exposure and general information regarding what we do and who we are. We are not welcome becuase we are not a part of Americana "main stream America" How many times have you pulled into a rest stop with a open design trailer and people stop by to ask what is that ?

Half the population still associates boat racing with Miss Budweiser etc. The average John Doe has absolutely no idea what a Stock Mod or Pro hydro is, never mind how to get one or where to go for racing information etc.

Just a few thoughts
    HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Comment

New Ocoee Race UP DATE

March 16,17,18,2007
      SO,PRO, MOD,INB,
      Conducting Club, South Florida Outboard

This will be 2 races run in 3 days,everyone will get in
      2 races for points
      3/4 mile record coarse both races.

CITY OF OCOEE WILL NOT ALLOW ANY
      OPEN PIPES (MEGAPHONES)....................

No testing at race site,local lakes in area.
      RV camping by race site,no hookups

Womens Club will serve dinner Fri. & Sat nights.
      More details at a later date.

MOTELS
      Red Roof ----- $65.99 1-407-347-0140
      Best Western ----- $85.00-$89.00 1-407-656-5050
      Marriott Courtyard $109.00 1-407-573-1010
      Mention boat races for special rates

Pre Race Comm
      Bill Tetro 1-321-255-2006
      Tom Cronk 1-863-665-5449 email tcronk@tampabay.rr.com
      Race Chairman
      Bill Hosler 1-863-557-6112
      Bill Tetro 1-321-255-2006
      Last edited by Tom Cronk; 01-15-2007, 06:46 PM. Reason: Update after club meeting

Comment

Hey Phil,

I stayed at the Best Western a few years ago for the winter nationals and you could walk from the Best Western its that close. Plus many other hotels all within a mile or two, some of the local guys might chime in but finding a hotel even at the last minute in Ocoee should not be a problem. The new Marriott is also right behind the Best Western if you want to bump it up a notch $$

Best Western
        10945 W Colonial Drive
        Ocoee
        Florida
        USA
        34761-2943
        Attached Files
        HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Comment

Best Western

Thanks Dan, I just reserved a room @ BW, by phone, and got an AAA rate of $71.50 for 2 double beds NS.
          !"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."

Comment

Originally posted by PopPop View Post
            Thanks Dan, I just reserved a room @ BW, by phone, and got an AAA rate of $71.50 for 2 double beds NS.

Good deal Phil see you there, I'm going down. I sold my in boat cam to Ron Selewach so lets hope he brings it over to Ocoee.
            HTML Code:

Comment

Ocoee Reservation

Just made reservations at the Red Roof Inn at $69.99 for two beds or 1 King. Stayed there in 2005 Winter Nationals and found it to be fine. Just down the street from the Best Western.

Looking forward to seeing everyone and start the new season. Also, George and Nancy's wedding should be an event to remember. See you all there! Jack

Comment

Latest RACE UPDATE

Check out the latest update on this race.
                Tom

Comment

mods ????

Is this race still no mods????

Comment

Mods

Mods will run, but no open megaphones.
                    Tom

Comment

Working...
                    X