Compressing Classes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bikes

is this what is in common with boats .seen many bikes in my day go over side ways and down for the count. but were trying to get people interested in boat racing.it seems that my two kids are the new comers i have to tell you i,m ready to give up when we moved here i thought it would be much bigger here in florida but.i,m starting to wonder if i made a bad move.ive always loved this sport but i have to admit it is getting depressing.

Comment

The answer is on the trailer

There are probably 50 or 60 Nextel Cup cars that show up at each race. Best racing in town. USTS has quite a few more and puts on a great show. Stock Outboard has hundreds but with the exception of National or Divisional events rarely has strong fields in any class anywhere. The curve is directly proportional to time and money. If all of us could show up at all of the events, who knows how strong or popular the sport could be. This of coarse won't happen. Looking at USTS as a model is an apple and oranges thing. We are a local sport and probably have a chance of survival only if we address issues as a local sport. Rearranging or combining classes though great in theory and probably one of the best approaches going is treating the symptom, not the disease.
      We need drivers!
      Getting them in the boat, sending them out and waiting for that proverbial smile when they come back in to the beach is only half the battle. We need to add these people to our teams. It is near impossible to break into this sport without the help if not total support of a racing veteran.
      What this equates to is thinking of your operation as a racing team. Add a new driver! and mentor them through the internship. Though money is not easy to come by, when you think of getting new people into the sport, money is easier to find than new drivers. Once people get the bug, they will spend. The idea is, we support their enthusiasm and eventually they will supply their own financing.
      How many drivers come to a race and run one or maybe two classes but have enough equipment back in the garage or maybe even on the trailer to field one or two more boats.

These boats that are sitting are the key to strengthening the sport.

Comment

Vary good post FL47F.
        Mark
        G-11
        125H
        When the green flag drops, the bull**** stops!!!!!!!!!!!
        Keep'em Sunny Side Up Boy's!

[

Comment

Working...
        X