Region 5 Race Schedule - Updated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Region 5 Race Schedule - Updated

Attached is the Region 5 race schedule updated. Let me know if you see any mistakes, have any corrections or want an event added.
    Attached Files

Bump to the top.

Comment

Jesup cancelled

Not cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Boomtap15F
        Not cool.
        Each year the SE Divisions is to be rotated between Region 4 and Region 5. As of the National meeting, Region 4 did not have a site secured and Jesup was going to be the SE Divisionals again if they did not secure a site. Well, they did find an awsome place to host the SE Divisionals in NC.

The date for SE Divisionals fell one week before Jesup, and Lakeland fell a week after Jesup. This created a problem. In order for Jesup to be an top notch turn out, we need both Region 5 and Region 4 and the Pros to turn out. Many racers will be going to the SE Divisionals or Lakeland and cannot afford to take three long trip weekends back to back to back. This would crush the typical strong Jesup turn out, the hosting club would lose significant funds and those who did make the journey would be disappointed. But don't fear, Jesup should be back in the early fall, and hopefully as the SE Divisional in 2007.

Instead of Jesup, you can choose between taking a shot at winning the APBA SE Divisional Championships in NC or at setting a 3/4 mile AOF record at Ocala/Altoona, FL - a new course. Our best race has been delayed a few months, but two awsome races are there for you, just a week earlier.
        Last edited by DougMc; 03-11-2006, 09:56 PM.

Comment

Just a note:
          The records at Altoona, FL (AOF) will be brand new to AOF records as the new format is 3/4 mile, 4 laps. The old records were 3 laps. These will all be open for the first time in Pineville on Sunday to all AOF drivers. Your second shot will be at Altoona April 22 and 23. It will be fun seeing new names in the AOF rulebook.
          Connie

Comment

Makes Perfect Sense

Thanks for clearing that up Doug. It would'nt be a good turnout at Jesup, more of a loss in funds. I'll be looking forward to the next Jesup race but before that i'm hoping my dad and I will be able to get a few days off of work to make it to NC for the divisionals this year. I'm sure the turnout is gonna be hot.

Comment

Working...
            X