Lets Get Fired Up !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lets Get Fired Up !!!

I was talkin to this guy who is really into boat racing and has been a huge help to region 5 racing but he wants to sell his stuff for the lack of racers. Ive been thinking about how to ease this up on everybody but im just gonna say it. We need to get serious about boat racing. My dad says there are plenty of race sites for him to put on but the problem is nobody is showing up. people are sick of racing 3 boats per class when classes used to have 2 or 3 elemination heats. now you only see that at the nationals. Take jesup, ga for instance. everyone says " aw we need more race sites so we can have more races and then people will show up." so why aren't people showing up to jesup? is it because most of region 5 is in fla and its outta state? what about the people in region 5 who don't live in fla who travel down here every other race weekend, we gotta support them. look im not saying people don't help out in region 5 but if we want racing here to be like it was in the golden days EVERY SINGLE PERSON (including the kids) is going to have to do something about it. Think about it If you don't wanna drive to jesup for 1 or 2 races out of the year then what would happen if the guys that drive here all the time were the same way. we'd lose half our entrees and the region would go under. then you'd really have to drive to race a whole other region!! so part of the problem is were not implimenting the " scratch my back and ill scratch yours" rule and people are getting sick of doing and doing and doing for the region and not getting anything out of it. When we race at a place like ocoee or avon park or in the big cities we need to put out flyers, posters, and just advertise the crap out of boat racing to people in the town and i guaruntee a few of the locals will come to one of us during the weekend and ask who, what, where, when , and how do i get one of these rigs. Thats how boat racing is going to get strong again. Sell boatracing!!!
    -Nick Hooten

good post nick, but I think you have been into the same sugar as Amy for breakfast!!!
    Peanut

Comment

well.....

what can i say peanut? shes rubbin off on me.
      -Nick Hooten

Comment

you all

i think you all are nuts but advertisement is deffinetly the way to go lets get to work and do something about this

Comment

from another post

Speanding Ourselves To Thin

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

we all have are wants and are problems and this would all make sense to me if we had plenty of racers , but we don't . when was the last time your club was contacted by any BOD to see where they could help you out or APBA for that matter. we have spread are racers to thin with APBA , AOF ,NBRA, and series racing so much that we have to pull diffrent catigories together in order to put on a race.You show up to a race with 3 maybe 4 boats and for what.but if you look at your region #'s lets say you have 12 boats , well 3 go to AOF 3 go to the local race and 3 go to a series race and some just stay home and some just leave the boat on the beach, this is how you are going to fix boat racing. get all of these boat at 1 race not 3 here and there. Look at the E pro divisonal the classes are split because the conducting club doesn't run 4 of the classes so they have to go some where else.New race sites is not the anwser nor is sponsorship or reduced entry fee or posters/ flyers tow money , price money , or management. the problem that I see is that we are not united and 1 local club can not do it . we need are elected officals who wanted to represent us to put there personal agendas aside and pull everyone back together as one. when you can get that accomplished I would bet that all of these other matters would take care of themselves. Ask your local elected offical to help you in this matter. I would have asked them at my race but they were not there . except for good old Howie
          Last edited by 888race; 03-08-2006, 05:26 PM.

Comment

Thank You Nick!

hey man ,, you said it weve have got to do something,and its time we bring the issue right to the surface,, lets quit worring that so an so does nt do it just like you,, every body brings somthing different to the table,,,lets race ,lets just race......AP AP AP yea buddy Cant Wait come on every bodys gotta come to AVON PARK ,.,, I know those guys up in Michigan are ready to thaw out a lil,, and stretch theres legs ,,getta lil one up on the competition....any how its bed time for me but before i go i have to take my hat off to the youth of region 5,, man what a diverse group of young people but they take good care of each other ,,way to go guys and gals Oh yea and you dont want to play them in agame football either a very talented group and refreshing sign of our potential to grow ,,, lets grow Starting today lets do the best we can to encourage each of our fellow racers to unite and join forces or our kids might not get the opprtunnity,,,, Ken Godwin

Comment

Here is my view point of veiw as a first year CSH racer and some of my family's racing back round. My family raced Alky stuff when I was 2 yrs old. When I was about 10 we switched to 145 inboards. We quite racing when I was 16 yrs old. It was about that time when they started to let the 145 class go to using 2.5L and stock or mod. we got out. The #'s of boats that could run together dropped and we lost interest because of it. Now I am 36 and just getting started myself. I see the problem as there is Just too many dam classes PERIOD. Less classes will get bigger fields of boats. Everyone wants to save there class and investment in it and not look to the future. This Matter needs to be handled from the leadership. What leadership? APBA ?NBRA? AOF? Come on here we can't even decide to have only one governing body. We need the three governing bodies to join forces and have less CLASSES NOT MAKE MORE!

OK I have had two drinks tonight. Hope this makes sense.
              Mark
              Mark
              G-11
              125H
              When the green flag drops, the bull**** stops!!!!!!!!!!!
              Keep'em Sunny Side Up Boy's!

[

Comment

Winter Nationals

Originally posted by Lights
                What leadership? APBA ?NBRA? AOF? Come on here we can't even decide to have only one governing body. We need the three governing bodies to join forces
                Mark
                APBA/AOF/NBRA Winter Nationals - Pineville, LA March 23-26 - Be there or be square.

Comment

Working...
                X