• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jesup April Race

Is this race still scheduled for April?
    David Weaver

No David

there will not be a peace river race at Jesup this year. no boats,no money, no help ,no race

Comment

its a shame....

wow that stinks. jesup is a long drive from here but i love that race site. hopefully we'll get some people involved.
      -Nick Hooten

Comment

We have canceled the April race but we will still try to do the OCT race this year.

Comment

Originally posted by win-or-flip
          wow that stinks. jesup is a long drive from here but i love that race site. hopefully we'll get some people involved.
          No long drive for me, that one is the closest for me.

Comment

more reason to keep it goin

well we should keep that race for people who have to drive from out of state to FLA every race weekend to keep them from getting discouraged.
            -Nick Hooten

Comment

aww i loved goin there last year..awesome course && site...plus it was fun skippin skoo lol its a shame....
              amy
              W71

Comment

Jessup cancilation

Is this the result of our "purist" APBA Board of Directors knowing what's good for us voting to not allow co sponsorship with any non APBA club such as the successful Jessup race we had with AOF last Fall? Don't they realize that theres not enough of us Stockers around to have fights between different sanctioning bodies???
                Jon Walters

Comment

Jon,
                  Unless you know something I don't, I don't believe the problem is with APBA. The winter nationals (Pineville, LA) is an example of how the cooperation continues. Last week end I attended a race in Oroville, CA that was both AOF and APBA. Seattle Outboard has just added about 9 races to the AOF/APBA schedule.
                  From what I gather, even after the successful and very fun race in Jesup, the conducting club, Peace River voted AGAINST doing anything with AOF this year. I think that was a big mistake, and certainly has hurt their race participation, but I am not a member of their club and that is the decision they made collectively. Talk about going backwards.....
                  Too bad we can't put together a local AOF club to stage a race there. I would personally pay for the sanction if that happened.
                  Connie

Comment

Jesup

I cannot speak for the club, but an earlier response about the cancellation expressed concerns about the number o fpotnential particpants. The race's date was going to sandwhich it between the SE SO/Mod divisionsals in Region 4 and Lakeland in Region 5. Also, a bid by the club to secure the PRO Divisionals (East) was unsuccessful.

APBA had nothing to do with the cancellation as far as I can tell. Peace River made the call not to put on the race and we respect that decision.

Hopefully, a fall date will work out for nice race site.
                    David Weaver

Comment

Originally posted by jon66w
                      Is this the result of our "purist" APBA Board of Directors knowing what's good for us voting to not allow co sponsorship with any non APBA club such as the successful Jessup race we had with AOF last Fall? Don't they realize that theres not enough of us Stockers around to have fights between different sanctioning bodies???
                      Jon,

You shouldn't be so hard on the APBA, I don't think this was the case or is the case. As one who races and belongs to both APBA and AOF in Region 5, I don't see much bickering between the two groups. If fact, I think quite the opposite is true and all get along well. I watched who showed up at the recent Lake Placid, FL AOF race and Lake Wales, FL APBA race. With the exception of maybe four racers the same exact racers belong to both organizations.

I think racers should talk via telephone regarding such issues rather than post here on hydroracer.net. Racers may get a false impression on the pulse of racing in Florida. We owe a big thanks to both APBA and AOF for putting on aggressive race scheduling here is Region 5. We have more races scheduled here than probably most other Regions.

Region 5 is the model for other Regions to follow. We are setting the pace. Our future is bright and getting brighter.

Comment

Well unless I misread the annual meeting minutes and the director meetings that followed, it states that they voted to not co sponsor or co sanction any events with non APBA clubs. Read the post and click on link in APBA Forum. Then scan down to item 7 on the Feb. 10th, 2006 Director's meeting minutes where a attempt was made to rescind the proposal made at the annual meeting to not co sponsor with non APBA clubs but the rescind motion failed.
                        Jon Walters

Comment

I resent your saying I'm trying to stir up trouble! I'm just trying to keep all venues open to have as many races and racers participate and if the statement I detail in the post above is true, this certainly curtails some of our oppurtunities in Region 5. I've belonged to APBA since 1954 and agree with most of stuff they do but I don't agree with restricting local clubs to do what is necessary to hold races!
                          Jon Walters

Comment

I believe that AOF is a member club of APBA, therefore the "combination" of these two organizations at any particular APBA race is not only possible but being done at many events this year. The situation at Jesup doesn't have anything to do with the Board. The problem is logistical. In order for a race to be successful at Jesup, the region 4 & 5 schedule must be clear for 2 weeks before & after because it is a long drive for almost everyone. If the attendance comes up short, people will begin to believe that it is not worth going to the next time and soon the race will die. We have a new race in Wilson NC on 4/22-23/06 the SE divisionals. Next year we will be able to schedule more efficiently, so that they will both succeed.
                            See y'all soon, John Runne 2-Z
                            John Runne
                            2-Z

Stock Outboard is all about a level playing field.

True parity is one motor per class.

It's RACING, not just another boat ride!

NOT a representative of Racing Outboards LLC.

Comment

Thanks John for clearing this up for me, I thought AOF was not affiliated with APBA but enjoyed their people at Jessup last Fall and thought it would be a shame to not have that relationship continue. I can't make the Winter Nationals due to the Mt. Dora conflict but Tim will be there and we both hope to make Wilson with our Two CSR's. Regards, Jon
                              Jon Walters

Comment

Working...
                              X