• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ocoee Canceled

Ocoee race has been CANCELED for this year.Details to be discuss
    at next club meeting.
    Tom, Bill,

race

I'll call Paul Harvey for...............[The Rest of the story]...............

Comment

Reason

The Race was xld because the city wanted us to help them with the cost of putting on a race in there city, and that cost would be to much for are club to absorb with the boat count that we are having turn out . We still have strong relations and open comunication with the city and can put on a race there when we can afford it ( ie boat count )
      Thanks for everyones support
      Paul Hooten

Comment

City Support.....................?

Thought Scot Anderson (or should I say future US Congressman Anderson) had the stroke to make it happen in Ocoee. At the WInter Nationals I even heard talk of a summer nationals bid in the near future. Oh well.........guess we all need to conserve gas per the Prez anyway!!!

hey, why don't you guys come on up to Millville next weekend. Bet we could find another Oyster Bar that Cronk and Tetro would like!!

Later

Comment

*sigh*

are we making any headway with sponsors?

Comment

Scott Anderson gives a lot of support and help at Ocoee but there are other council members that aren't so fond of boat racing. Plus you always have a few complaining neighbors when the lake is in a downtown situation like Ocoee with houses and neighborhoods surrounding the lake. Unfortunately that is all it takes to make things diffiucult for us.

Comment

"with houses and neighborhoods surrounding the lake. Unfortunately that is all it takes to make things diffiucult for us. "

You are right Bob. ie: Lake Placid. One lady who owns property on the lake and doesn't even live there!

Comment

Working...
              X