aof racing in region 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aof racing in region 5

hello boatracers of region 5 ,just got a phone call from carl staron and he will be bringing lake placid alive with some baotracing so we have a place ,we have dates now all we need is people and boats so come on down get ur equipment wet and lets have some fun ,the dates are as follows february 2/3 ,march 9/10, and april 6/7 , some come on down and lets get the season rolling

What classes will you be running? Is it ok to run a 20H Popper on this lake? Thanks Skip

Comment

carl is asking pretty much anything outbaord stock,mod pro and even antiques,if you bring it you will get it in the water one way or another

Comment

Lake Placid AOF meet

Can one sign up for AOF at the day of the race for one event or for a full year. If one signs up for one event can that payment be applied to a full year if that is wanted? Could that be done at the next AOF meet or by a mailing to AOF headquarters?
        "Keep Move'n" life is catching up!
        No man's life, liberty or property are safe while the legislature is in session.

Comment

is AOF the same a NBRA ?

Comment

aof has a progressive pay system i do not know the excact dollar amount but yes they have a system in place where you pay a partial of an annual membership fee and pay for your entry at the time of the race so by 3 or 4 aof events a year your full membership is paid

Comment

Actually Dan, that website might be obsolete. AOF allows separate clubs to use our spectator liability insurance at great rates and we do not get involved unless we are asked to. As long as safety regulations are met. That group out of Spokane has decided to do that.
              The official and original AOF (American Outboard Federation) which is 43 years old this year, is now based from Lake Placid, FL. I am the exectutive Director. Dan Parker is President. Howie Pickerell, Bob Laws are officers.
              We are alive and well, we just decided to stay out of politics for a while. Wh have secured some large sponsors, (BP for example).
              We have fun racing and have a great time without all of the politics.
              If anyone is interested, give me a shout here on HR or get ahold of me through Dan, or call me at 863-699-9701(leave message).
              And yes, we have a graduated scale. Pay #25 a week end until full membersip. Also, put on a race for a whole week end for less than $500. Gets you the insurance coverage you need to put on a race or test session with no extra frills and no one padding thier pockets. but we have been through his before.
              Carl B Staron

Comment

Originally posted by Staron View Post
                Actually Dan, that website might be obsolete. AOF allows separate clubs to use our spectator liability insurance at great rates and we do not get involved unless we are asked to. As long as safety regulations are met. That group out of Spokane has decided to do that.
                The official and original AOF (American Outboard Federation) which is 43 years old this year, is now based from Lake Placid, FL. I am the exectutive Director. Dan Parker is President. Howie Pickerell, Bob Laws are officers.
                We are alive and well, we just decided to stay out of politics for a while. Wh have secured some large sponsors, (BP for example).
                We have fun racing and have a great time without all of the politics.
                If anyone is interested, give me a shout here on HR or get ahold of me through Dan, or call me at 863-699-9701(leave message).
                And yes, we have a graduated scale. Pay #25 a week end until full membersip. Also, put on a race for a whole week end for less than $500. Gets you the insurance coverage you need to put on a race or test session with no extra frills and no one padding thier pockets. but we have been through his before.
                Carl B Staron
                Sorry Carl I will take that link down.
                HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Comment

We miss you down here racing with us Dan. Pack up and come on down and we will find you someting to run. We will have hot dogs too!
                  Sure is nice to know there is someone in this sport that gets it. You are appreciated.
                  Carl B Staron

Comment

come on boatracers do we have anyone interested in coming to lake placid ?

Comment

Originally posted by Staron View Post
                      We miss you down here racing with us Dan. Pack up and come on down and we will find you someting to run. We will have hot dogs too!
                      Sure is nice to know there is someone in this sport that gets it. You are appreciated.
                      Carl B Staron
                      Thanks Carl, for those of you not familiar with Lake Placid its a beautiful quiet lake set on the edge of an orange grove in beautiful central Florida :-) Its within driving distance of Disney World. Head on down and have some fun in the sun.
                      HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Comment

Originally posted by HRTV View Post
                        ....its a beautiful quiet lake set on the edge of an orange grove in...
                        -the races are actually on Lake Apthorpe, a small lake surrounded by orange groves and bull rushes,
                        the odd little gator, and maybe three houses,
                        one of them Carl's, another was Ric Montoya's dad's when he lived here.
                        It is north and east of the village of Lake Placid, off SR#27.
                        Lots of reasonable motels in the area, and Carl can advise on camping.
                        Last edited by bh/; 01-16-2013, 11:57 AM. Reason: sp;
                        Brian Hendrick, #66 F
                        "the harder we try, the worser it gets"

Comment

go carl go!!!!! save us from this boatracing desert known as region 5

Comment

I will be in Ft. Myers the week-end of March 22-23-24.
                            Is there a boat race of any sanctioning body that week-end in Florida???

Comment

anyone going lake placid march 9/10?

was wondering what kind of turn out there will be at carl's race.

Comment

Working...
                              X